Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2007, 08:57   #1

refrigeration gas

Need some help, my Blissfield v4 ten ton engine driven compressor, is still running on Freon and need to change. Ihave heard of mp 39 but know no more. Any advice would be much appreciated ,regards Carl.
CARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 13:28   #2
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARL
Need some help, my Blissfield v4 ten ton engine driven compressor, is still running on Freon and need to change. Ihave heard of mp 39 but know no more. Any advice would be much appreciated ,regards Carl.
Carl,

I don't quite know what mp 39 is, but the practical advice I can give is that you need to find out if your Blissfield compressor can run another refrigerant. Many compressors are built to run either R-12 or R-134a (or a host of others in between). You will need to be sure your compressor can handle a compressor oil that is compatible with the refrigerant you are changing to. That is the important part. The oil in the system must be compatible with the refrigerant and the compressor designed to run that way. Otherwise, good results are not guaranteed.

Contact the compressor manufacturer (or look for labels on it) to see what it's compatible with.
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 04:17   #3

The refrigerant mp39 has problems with oil return on a compressor that size. The refrigerant i would use would be 34m it is a direct dropin no oil change required,infact you can put it in a system that still has r12 in it and let it mix. I have with no adverse effects on some of the systems that we have worked on.Greg
ozskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 05:00   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Suva® MP39 is is DuPont's trade-name for an R-401A HCFC retrofit refrigerant for R-12 in stationary positive displacement air-conditioning and refrigeration systems such as medium and low-temperature walk-in coolers, beverage dispensers, vending machines, and supermarket systems.
Field experience has shown that no oil change is needed in many unitary and close-coupled systems.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 06:57   #5

Boat: sold Now motor cruiser
dropin gas

Icion 49 is another which requires no changes.
bill goodward
bill good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 11:19   #6

Thanks for responce, will try to get icon49 or34m and just drop it in hopefully plates wont know the difference regards Carl.
CARL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigeration