I have a 46' 1947 Chris Craft that I bought a couple of years ago and am in the process of updating all of the systems in her. The head
was a direct outlet with a lectrasan purification system, but with no holding tank
. So, I am in the process of upgrading the main head
. I have already purchased a Raritan
Elegance toilet that will be fed from the freshwater system in the boat. I am trying to design the rest of the system. So, here are some of my questions.
1. I can use either 1" or 1.5" sanitation hose to the holding tank
, positives negatives for either one and which sanitation hose is the best?
2. Which holding tank manufacturer? I was looking at Ronco and Raritan
3. The holding tank is going to be placed in the center of the bilge
, essentially between the two engines. Where is the best place to put the inlet, outlet, and vent fixtures?
4. The vent line should be at least 1" and ran horizontally as short a distance as possible. From the center of my boat to the outside, will be around 5.5'? Is that acceptable or should I run it into a closet next to the tank around 2'?
5. What would require a vent loop? The holding tank will be slightly below the toilet, but is right around the water
line of the boat.
Finally, this is a power boat
, so does not get the same extreme lean as a sailboat.
Thanks for your replies!