Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2017, 04:23   #1

Boat: capricorn classic 38
Plumbing a Karcher on the boat

Hi all, I have a Karcher pressure cleaner I keep on the boat, its a new K series.
I want to know if there are fittings available that can be mounted as through deck fitting quick release.
I would only need to get the hose out instead of the machine as that would be mounted below deck.
Any suggestions?

Cheers James
capricorn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 06:54   #2

Boat: Dickerson 37AC
Re: Plumbing a Karcher on the boat

You're looking for an NPT bulkhead fitting probably in 3/8" NPT at least that's what mine is. I have a 4000 psi pressure washer so maybe not comparable.

https://www.highpressure.com/product...ead-couplings/

You could attach a pressure washer quick release to the bulkhead fitting and then figure out how you want to mount to deck or cabin sides. Run a pressure washer hose from washer to the other side of bulkhead fitting. Enclose in some type of plastic marine deck enclosure repurposed for a faucet or similar.

Most bulkhead fittings are not designed for high pressure, usually for drawing water out of a tank to feed pressure washer. I looked around and brass seems to top out at 1000psi, 316 stainless goes up to 15k PSI which is way overkill but you get a fitting that wont corrode.

In practice my pressure washer quick connects need a shot of WD40 to keep the coupling mechanism limber. I have the same problem with my air system in my shop. I run a number of hard lines outside my shop so I can use air in driveway. I need to squirt oil on them every few months so they don't stiffen up. I would think it would be much worse on a boat with the salt water.
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 00:58   #3

Boat: capricorn classic 38
Re: Plumbing a Karcher on the boat

Thank you for the information Sailah, what type of machine do you have as I also need to find some quick connect fittings to attach to the bulk head fittings.
Cheers James
capricorn38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, boat, plumbing