Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2013, 10:15   #1

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
Par/Jabsco 37010 advice needed

Hi all I decided to tackle some of those 15 minute projects this morning only to find a surprise waiting for me. I was replacing the joker valve in the head and found a PO had creatively engineered a solution I didn't know about until today. The fitting that the discharge port (see number 12 at link below) screws into has been broken at some point. It has 3 screw holes and one of them had a brass fitting with the broken part glued onto it naturally in the furthest and difficult to access corner. It looks like the only way to fix this is to replace the base but was curious if anyone had found a way just to replace that fitting that receives the discharge port. Now I know why they placed a guzzler check valve in line on the discharge hose...UGH!

http://www.go2marine.com/product/481...are-parts.html

Thanks!
SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 13:23   #2

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
To follow up on this in case someone else needs it someday:

I called Jabsco and spoke to a technical rep. This was a great experience that saved a lot of sweat. I spoke to Mike and he realized with the age of this toilet (mid 80s roughly) that the new joker valve wouldn't work. (one reason I had called.) The old style base as I have uses a discontinued flapper style joker valve. The new style doesn't let what's in the bowl flush very quickly if at all and it fills with water faster than the flush occurs.

The solution is a new base which also solves my original problem above.

This was my first experience with Jabsco support and they earned my business in one phone call. They did a great job and I'm beyond pleasantly surprised.
SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 13:34   #3

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft
Re: Par/Jabsco 37010 advice needed

i got tired of replacing the joker so I raise the toilet up to the hight of the water line, so at leat the back flow is not that much. Also you could raise the hose up to the highet of the water line you want. Have not replaced joker for 10+ years.
rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote