Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 20:22   #1

Boat: Fontaine Pajot Salina 48
New Draw Fridge Condensation

I recently installed an Isoterm 100 litre draw fridge. It has plenty of surrounding ventilation and is getting cold enough.
However it is displaying 2 very frustrating issues that I cannot seem to control.
1. It is icing up excessively and very quickly requiring regular defrosting exercises. I have tried the thermostat on many settings however I cannot seem to get it settled down.

2. It has a stainless steel drawer front which is constantly getting condensation on its exterior surface- and quite a large amount , making the whole exercise quite a challenge at this point.

I have spoken to a number of people with these type of fridges and nobody seems to be experiencing the same type of issues.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Regards. Paul
Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:41   #2

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Ketch
Re: New Draw Fridge Condensation

Every time you open the drawer the cold air flows out and is replaced by moist air that freezes. No fix for that except a top loading freezer, unless your unit has bad seals. Condensation on the door is likely an insulation (lack of) issue

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
autumnbreeze27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
condensation