Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 13:30   #1

Boat: Whitby 42
Mermaid AC High Pressure Fault

Hello All,
I'm looking for some help with a Mermaid Marine AC system. When I turn on the breaker to the system and put it in "cool" mode I immediately get a high pressure fault. .

The troubleshooting guide says the high pressure switch needs to be reset. I think I found the switch but it is either not tripped or I don't know how to reset it. I believe it is the device with the giant reset arrow pointing to it:

I pushed down firmly on the red rubber boot cover, and it seemed like it was in the normal position. Any advice on what do to? Does anyone know if this switch is normally open or closed?
AHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 11:03   #2
MLC

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 321 32'
Send a message via AIM to MLC
Re: Mermaid AC High Pressure Fault

I have a Mermaid A/C system. I do not know if you are still having this problem, but one cause may be your water inlet pump losing prime. See the Mermaid owner's manual. There may be air in the line between the outlet of the pump. The water inlet pump in my Mermaid sometime does not self-prime and I have to disconnect the water line outlet from the pump to bleed out the air. Huge pain. Poor design of the water inlet pump.