Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 17:18   #1

Matching Different Size Hoses Up (Nicro Vent to Vent Hose)

I have a Nicro vent (3 3/4" OD) sticking about an inch under the cabin overhead. So it's a 3 3/4" OD pipe, of sorts.

I have about a 3 1/2" OD flat flange that I need to fit against that 3 3/4" OD pipe.

What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a flexible arrangement for matching these up. Like a hose clamp on each end and some kind of airtight material in between, like a waterproof canvas of some type. I guess if I had a 3 3/4" in diameter and maybe a couple of inches long I could just hose clamp the two together.

Kind of random, I know.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 17:27   #2

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
Plumbing shops have these in black neoprene. Looks like a PSS bellows without the accordian part.
Old 10-10-2010, 17:42   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Stocking View Post
Plumbing shops have these in black neoprene. Looks like a PSS bellows without the accordian part.
Thanks for the info on that. I did some googling around based on "neoprene bellows" and there are even these guys who will fab one for whatever size you need:

Custom Bellows Worksheet
Old 11-10-2010, 04:53   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
"Fernco" flexible couplings
Flexible Pipe Connectors plumbing world has the largest selection

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:26   #5

My wife might just go ahead and make an adapter out of canvas. Should be sufficiently "airtight" to make sure there's still enough vacuum through the line. And it will match!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:18   #6

Boat: PETERSON 44
fernco fittings will do another real good spare parts thing is Self bonding roofers flashing. Excellent for mast boots but could be used for this. If you see a guy from a roofing company digging around in his van ask him for some. Haven't bought any in years so I don't know what it is called. Its like this "I have a leak on boat and used this real thick stickey rubber stuff that was tough as nails and never leaks.do you know what I mean. Usually its how much do you need? maybe 4' would do it.Then I forget to ask what its called.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote