Join CruisersForum Today

Old 27-03-2011, 11:48   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Jabsco will not pump empty

Originally Posted by Herbseesmoore View Post
Will share results later today.
I rather you didn't if its all the same

We have the same loo and been there too. Ours turned out to be a blocked pipe. It was easier to change the pipe, all 16 feet of it. However, I did send the wifey ashore with my sister and my credit card for the day. It wasn't a pleasant job.

Moody 31 - April Lass
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 21:05   #17

Boat: Wharram Tangaroa 36ft

Well its fixed. At least enough to use. I'll try to ignore the new leak at the base of the pumping side for a few days.
It was not the wet/dry cam. Took that apart 1st and put the new top valve gasket and seat in. This did not help so figured it must be hose blockage.
Found a cap on the goose neck in the loop unscrewed it and released pressure. BTW there is a small valve in the cap and this is where the screeching noise came from.
So with the pressure released the pump worked fine. This determined the blockage was after the goose neck. Tried to clear with flat wire, but ended up with an auger from lowes hooked up to a hand drill. Augered the heck out that hose for about 2 hours.

I haven't had this much fun since my last root canal.

Anyone care to comment on the leak at the base, suppose the base valve gasket might do the trick.

"When the world was flat as a pancake, Mona Lisa was happy as a clam" J. Prine
Herbseesmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 21:14   #18
Marine Service Provider

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

That cap on the gooseneck in the vented loop is the air valve. So you might want to clean it and put it back...or, replace it with a new one. They are replaceable parts.

As for the leak in the pump base, Jabsco pump housings are highly prone to cracking if you tighten the screws/bolts even a fraction of a turn too look for a hairline crack in it. A little red food coloring in some water poured into the bowl, then flushed will help a crack show up.
© 2016 Peggie Hall
Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987
Author "The NEW Get Rid of Boat Odors"
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: