Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2015, 12:13   #16

Boat: Cal 48 Wainui
Re: Jabsco electric flush question

My discharge is uphill from the intake so I see some discharge come in for a few seconds when at anchor. This maybe your problem? Does it happen when underway?
Wainui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 09:21   #17

Boat: 2000 Mainship 390

thanks for all the replies. no, it's not pulling back in discharge from under boat since it goes into a holding tank. the issue is brown water after a poop, not necessarily the first flush of the day, nor is the marina water brown where it sits. I had previously run vinegar thru earlier this season to eliminate the possible dead creatures, etc. I put some blue holding tank deodorant in and flushed. the next flush started out with some blue in the water coming from bowl rim, so I am guessing joker valve if there is one in that style unit. I saw on the parts breakdown that they sell the whole lower unit with and without motor. It would be nice to replace the unit without having to replace the good running motor, but I don't know if that will solve any bleed by on the shaft, if thats where its coming from.
ricktara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 16:41   #18

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

ricktara, having worked with boat systems for many years, I have finally come to the realization that old boats (like old bodies) may demonstrate one symptom, which actually reflects multiple causes (meaning several things wearing out simultaneously). As a consequence, rather than waste a certain amount of time and capital resolving a single solution, only to later discover another part of the puzzle has failed, requiring tearing something odious apart (again), in the long run it is more economic and less frustrating, to overhaul the whole works and start from a new beginning. You don't fix critical systems by resolving details, you rip out the offending system and replace it in one whack. I know there are a whole bunch of denizens here that will object, but there are enough experienced folks who will acknowledge this phenomenon. As I tell the unfortunate victims of my services, "you can pay me now or pay me later". The smarter ones pay attention, the more resistant ones pay me several times for multiple visits. Look up the concept of preventive maintenance as it applies to aircraft maintenance, ship overhauls, or keeping a critical task online. If it ain't broke, fix it before it does. Or don't.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 05:56   #19

well, looks like:
short term- live with it and save up for:
long term- replace toilet
Old 29-07-2015, 06:01   #20

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

Toilet, pump-out macerator, waste and vent hoses and hose clamps, that is....... It's a nasty job. You only want to do it once.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 06:20   #21

I just recently rebuilt the holding tank macerator, which actually didnt smell that bad Until... I put all back together and because the hose from holding tank to macerator didnt seal tightly and pull waste from tank, I had to play around to actually figure out why it wouldn't pump out.That was a messy job, and of course I was 3 miles out while trying to figure it out, getting tossed around in the waves.
So I am used to doing jobs twice, I just don't like it.

Tags
electric, jabsco