I had almost given up on this head
after one worn pulley, one exploded pulley and a few snapped belts.
I just installed the new aluminium pulley kit for the 58500. So far so good. The main bearing on the macerator shaft required a small (75mm) 3 jaw bearing puller to remove it before the new pulley could slide on to the key way. The pulley on the motor
slides off easily, just need small circlip pliers first.
The weakest link is now the belts. I looked all over Australia
for just the gates belts and ended up finding them in Europe
. $5 plus $60 p&h! Ha. So I ordered 15. Local suppliers for the belt kit have been charging
me $125. 😡
Anyway, I now feel I am near enough to a 'professional jabsco
58500 lite flush repairer'. I might even get some business cards made😜