Cleaned the ducts but they were pretty clean.
Richard Kollman - Your website rocks!!
Disconnected the thermostat and put in a jump from the thermostat connections on the compressor
(C and T)
The fridge current went from up to 15, normally 12 on startup to 8 and running from 8 to 3.5. Checked the thermostat and it was completely corroded from sitting in water
. The cover it was in didn't have a drain hole so if it filled during defrost or from a spill on the counter the thermostat would sit in water
until it evaporated.
1) What is normal running current on a CU-100?
2) What are normal running temperatures on the fridge?
3) Where can I get a new thermostat, West Marine
and Defender seem to drawing a blank?
4) What is a normal price
for a thermostat?
5) Ours is a spillover fan and thermostat worth adding, we have had a few frozen items on the fridge side before?
6) Any tips when changing out a thermostat?