Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2012, 08:15   #1

Hi-seas diesel heater

I am trying to restore a hi-seas diesel heater, circa 1976. I I have a manual for a 1981 model, but the exploded view on that one shows the wick being placed in an upright position in the middle of the burner can. The fuel line comes up from the bottom of the unit apparently from a metering device. My unit is older, and was fueled by a drip line that runs down the front of the unit, then goes inside the unit through a hole and then continues down the inside of the unit right up against the forward wall of the burner can, and ending about an inch or two off the bottom of the burner can. There is no way to bend the line out into the middle of the can. My question is, does anyone have any information on where and how the wick was placed in these older units? I suspect that the wick in my unit was consumed years ago, and maybe I have just been burning the fuel as it pooled on the bottom of the can, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
wilmit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel