Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2016, 08:15   #1

Boat: hunter 27, hunter 41
head solenoid location h41

Help

I need to find the solenoid for the aft head, a 08 h41. I have pulled all floor panels, called Marlow, still unable to locate, only place's left are under vanity or under battery bank. I am trying to save myself some work here. Does anyone here know where this unit was installed. This boat was made from 05 thru 011.

Thanks
dakno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:41   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: head solenoid location h41

Is your toilet the version of the Quiet Flush that uses onboard pressurized fresh water or the version of it that has a remote intake pump to draw in sea water?
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 19:25   #3

Boat: hunter 27, hunter 41

Hi Peggy, thanks for the help. The electric toilet flushes with pressurized fresh water from the onboard tanks. I read one of your post that said the solenoid has to be higher than the head. I know what the solenoid looks like, as I have the new part in hand and have watched the jabsco how to repair video on youtube. Hunter said that they thought it would be behind the removable panel directly behind the head... I did not see it. On the plumbing schematic it shows up as in/under the vanity. the vanity has a floor panel that had one screw in the center, which I removed but was unable to remove the floor, maybe some trace glue holding it in place? I will remove it and cut a replacement if I have to, but before that I will remove the wall panel again and look very carefully. If I am certain solenoid has to be above the deck/floor that makes my search much easier. Again, thank you.
David
dakno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 20:15   #4
Marine Service Provider

It only has to be above the toilet if it's one that uses sea water...in which case the solenoid valve would be installed in the intake vented loop and has a different function: it's an air valve that closes when the flush button is pressed to allow the toilet pump to prime, opens when the flush button is released to break any siphon.

The solenoid valve on a toilet that's fed by pressurized fresh water the solenoid has an entirely different function. The flush water inlet line is tapped into the cold water line that feeds the head sink...the solenoid functions essentially the same way a faucet does...it opens to allow the flush water to flow into the toilet, closes to shut it off. That solenoid valve doesn't have to be above the toilet. So unless the builder had a cockeyed idea that putting it below the sole would would improve the head decor by hiding some hose, it should be easy to get to...and under the vanity is a good place to look.

It's also possible that a PO removed it, thinking that the flush button is all that's needed to turn the flush water on and off...and it may be if he replaced the toilet with one has a built in vacuum breaks and water valves.

If your toilet needs one, and you can't find it above the sole, before I'd start taking up the floor I'd run a new flush water inlet line that tees into the cold water line under the vanity and put a new solenoid in it.
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head