Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2014, 20:06   #1

Boat: Beneteau 423
Fresh water wash down - finally

Here is something that seems to be working out pretty well for us and maybe someone else in a similar situation will find it useful

Our boat is on a mooring in New England. We are only able to use her for weekends, a handful of 3-4 days long weekends, and maybe a weeklong trip each year. The boat is a Beneteau 423 and has way more water capacity than we need most of the time. I had been thinking about installing a salt water wash down pump for hosing off the anchor, but that has seemed like overkill.

What we really wanted was to be able to hose the boat down at the end of a weekend. I was going to install a separate freshwater pump. Then it occurred to me that our galley faucet has a removable aerator. I went to the hardware store and for a few bucks bought an adapter that replaces the aerator and can take a garden hose fitting. I then bought a DAP 50 ft expandable hose. I run this out of the galley port and can reach the whole deck and topsides. Naturally, I have to be a little careful around the open galley port but otherwise it works pretty well. Our fresh water pump could use a little more pressure but I am also a little skeptical of the longevity of the DAP expandable hose. My guess is that this will just motivate me to put in a permanent fitting off of our current pump, or maybe add a second pump. For now though it gets a chance to wash the boat down without pulling up to the dock, until we need to top off our tanks
hlev00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water