Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 14:53   #16

Re: Foreign country Pump out systems

"Does anyone know if pump out stations in countries other than US and Canada are of the vacuum variety..."
Only if you figure the lack of any pumpout is considered a "vacuum" :>)

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 20:19   #17

Location: Meandering about the Gulf of Alaska coast [NNE Pacific]— where the internet doesn't always shine... [Even Elon's...] Homeport: Wrangell Island
Boat: Nauticat 43 [S&S Staysail Ketch]

Hi Victor, [Reply delayed as we just returned to the land of the internets...]

I apologize for wasting your time because of my misunderstanding...

It sounds like we have similar systems- at least in concept. I agree- reducing the number of Y valves is very worthwhile. It must be nice to have no reason for reducing the number of through hulls...

You realize if you remove the manual pumps on your Lavacs the electric ones will go on strike...

Cheers!

Bill
Old 15-08-2015, 07:54   #18

Boat: Meta Arctic Voyager 47
Send a message via AIM to northwestsailor Send a message via Skype™ to northwestsailor

Hi Bill, Are you really on Wrangel Island in the Bering Sea? Or Wrangell one of our favorites in AK?
In any case thanks for your reply. And yes, Y valves are problematic. I have found some for Pools and Spas which look to be quite heavy duty but they are big and require modifications to the plumbing in general to make them work.
I am tempted at times to rip all the waste water plumbing out and start over with rigid ABS pipe but then the call of the wild gets me and we move on to more pleasant subjects.

Cheers and enjoy wherever you are.

Victor
northwestsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 10:52   #19

Location: Meandering about the Gulf of Alaska coast [NNE Pacific]— where the internet doesn't always shine... [Even Elon's...] Homeport: Wrangell Island
Boat: Nauticat 43 [S&S Staysail Ketch]

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestsailor View Post
Hi Bill, Are you really on Wrangel Island in the Bering Sea? Or Wrangell one of our favorites in AK?
In any case thanks for your reply. And yes, Y valves are problematic. I have found some for Pools and Spas which look to be quite heavy duty but they are big and require modifications to the plumbing in general to make them work.
I am tempted at times to rip all the waste water plumbing out and start over with rigid ABS pipe but then the call of the wild gets me and we move on to more pleasant subjects.

Cheers and enjoy wherever you are.

Victor
Hi Victor, [1st internet in days...]

Our home port is Wrangell Is. [2-l's] in southeast Alaska... We are currently gunkholing all through SE AK for the next year or so before heading to new destinations... or not...

It sounds like you have a good grip on projects none of us prefer to work on...

Cheers!

Bill
Old 23-08-2015, 14:39   #20

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoster View Post
Yes, there are a few in Mexico, but the fact remains that a great deal of the raw sewage created inland is sent right into the bays and ocean. We are closely looking at the Electro Scan as that seems to treat it better than most countries treat their own sewage before shipping it off and the last boat I crewed on that got boarded by the CG they liked the setup and passed it with flying colors.
We like our ElectroScan.

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote