Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2018, 16:36   #1

Boat: Minerva 32 - Frostas II, S&S Falcon 24 - Tintooki
Finding generic water pump pressure switches

Spent better part of this evening looking for a replacement switch for our water pump.

Very quickly I realised they are all the same... Jabsco, Singflo, Seaflo, Surflo, Girlflo, Flojet... Whatever, they all got the same switch.

The prices however... Not so much. They settle at around $10-20, but can go up to $80 or something even more ridiculous: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40-PSI-SE...4/173260195650

On a flip side I've found something in China for as low as $1-2:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...352843196.html
https://b2b.hc360.com/supplyself/398205556sy-ats0.html

What I am trying to get to is - what is the part number? China net says it could be "3625.1101". Others say it can be some sort of Honeywell switch with some extra plastic cheese on top.

It also might be a part used in washing machines, hence the ubiquity.

If I had a chance to just walk into a shop and get one for $20, I'd definitely would. But since I am ordering online into somewhat remote place, I'd rather check first.
Old 18-05-2018, 19:21   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch
Re: Finding generic water pump pressure switches

I like to use a mechanical shallow well type with controllable cut in and out... example from Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D...FcVHDAodCTAIYw
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 17:53   #3

Boat: Swan 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Berg View Post
I like to use a mechanical shallow well type with controllable cut in and out... example from Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D...FcVHDAodCTAIYw
I used plenty of those at my last job, cheap and reliable. But I am not sure if they are cleared for drinking water, we used them for other applications.
deluxe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 03:41   #4

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38

That is why I like the older shurflo pumps. When the switch fails, and they do, I disassemble the housing and replace the micro switch. Very cheap, like a couple bucks and available at all electronic distributers.
Old 21-05-2018, 03:49   #5

Boat: Passport 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bletso View Post
That is why I like the older shurflo pumps. When the switch fails, and they do, I disassemble the housing and replace the micro switch. Very cheap, like a couple bucks and available at all electronic distributers.
Can you elaborate a bit more? I have a Shurflo Blaster and a failing switch. Could you give me more concrete replascement alternatives?
gaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 03:52   #6

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
This!

By pass those damn proprietary non-serviceable failure prone expensive hard to source switches and replace it with one of these...inexpensive, serviceable, available at hardware stores world wide. And the cut out/in pressures are more adjustable than the typical built in switches.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 03:55   #7

Quote:
I have an older Shurflo and a newer one. The older one can be open up and the micro switch repaired/replaced. The newer one is apparently sealed...I cant get the housing open non-desteuctively.
Old 21-05-2018, 04:27   #8

Boat: Passport 40

Quote:
In a more ... explanatory mode ... how do you use one of this as a bypass for a built in switch? Without understanding it fully, I can appreciate that voltage is irrelevant? It's a mechanical switch? So I put this switch inline on my water hose and bridge my water pump +12 and ground through this thing (and forgo the extra wire that used to go to the built in switch and bypass it)? Am I getting it right?
gaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 05:43   #9
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe68 View Post
I used plenty of those at my last job, cheap and reliable. But I am not sure if they are cleared for drinking water, we used them for other applications.

The ones for well water are
I’m sure not all are but the ones I buy are NSF rated
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 11:25   #10

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaucho View Post
Can you elaborate a bit more? I have a Shurflo Blaster and a failing switch. Could you give me more concrete replascement alternatives?
If your pressure assembly looks like the pic then it can be taken apart. A compatible switch is an Omron V-15-2C26-k The switch is on the right of the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0910.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	170274  
Old 21-05-2018, 13:57   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaucho View Post
In a more ... explanatory mode ... how do you use one of this as a bypass for a built in switch? Without understanding it fully, I can appreciate that voltage is irrelevant? It's a mechanical switch? So I put this switch inline on my water hose and bridge my water pump +12 and ground through this thing (and forgo the extra wire that used to go to the built in switch and bypass it)? Am I getting it right?
Yes, it is a mechanical switch, but its just a switch so only the +12V wire (red) need pass thru it. -12V (black) goes straight to the pump as it already does. You just basically by-pass the built-in switch in the pump.

Normally in full pump assemblies these switches are plumbed to the accumulator tank by a metal fitting, and are physically supported by that fitting, but anywhere in the system will work. Probably a good idea to provide proper support for it though.
Old 21-05-2018, 14:01   #12

Quote:
If your pressure assembly looks like the pic then it can be taken apart. A compatible switch is an Omron V-15-2C26-k The switch is on the right of the pic.
4 Pak $18 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/V-15-2C26-K-A...cm_wl_huc_item

Tags
water