you adjust the valve further.
1. Turn on the fuel pump
or open the gravity feed valve to allow fuel
flow into the oil
metering valve on the heater.
2. Open the door or open the lid and twist the superheater so the bottom
makes a good contact with the bottom of the burner.
and turn the oil
metering valve knob on to setting #5 for 2
minutes to accumulate 2 tablespoons of oil in the bottom of the burner
4. Then turn the oil metering valve OFF.
5. Twist a piece of tissue, light it and throw it into the pool of oil in the
burner pot. Use a poking tool to push the lit paper into the pool of oil.
6. Once the oil has ignited, replace the lid or close the door.
7. Turn the draft
assist fan on to the medium speed (6 o’clock) then turn
it back down to the slowest speed (4 o’clock).
8. After a few minutes, watch the flames grow above the top burner ring
where they should burn at all times.
9. It will take approx. 5-10 minutes for the priming fuel
to burn. Once
the flames drop back down into the burner pot it’s time to turn the oil
metering valve back on.
and turn the oil metering valve knob to setting #2.5 and turn the
fan OFF and watch the flames grow back to above the top burner ring.
11. Wait 20 minutes for the heater and chimney pipe to warm up before