Santa brought me a pair of elbow
length rubber gloves - so I got to work opening up the holding tank
on Boxing Day.
And surprisingly it was pretty clean and without odors. Thank You Santa!.. Best Christmas
present I ever had.
On further investigation, I found
1) the breather thru hull
completely blocked solid - which explains why I could only half fill the tank. How a 5/8th inch pipe which only carries gases can be blocked defies belief.
2) The WEMA contents sensor was gummed up with gunk and stuck in the empty position. So, remove, dismantle. clean and check resistance and re-install.
Now everything works as advertised. The Christmas
spirit of Peace and Joy returns.
I am attributing the fact there were no odors, to the enzyme/bacteria treatment I added in. Found it in the RV section. I cant yet be sure this was what worked, but in case anyone is interested,its called:
RV DIGEST-IT by Unique ( RV Digest-It Holding Tank Treatment
)... I have absolutely no
connection with these people other than I randomly selected their product off the shelf.