Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 11:01   #31

Boat: Kellick 33
Send a message via AIM to Watermaker Man Send a message via MSN to Watermaker Man Send a message via Yahoo to Watermaker Man
Re: CruiseRO vs Rainman

The Rainman was installed towards the starboard bow in a Fountain Pajot. This was the owner's installation. I offered him a job but he prefered to Sail away.
Watermaker Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:50   #32
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by felizcortez View Post
I'm trying to decide between the CruiseRO and the Rainman watermaker for my trip to the Sea of Cortez. I plan to purchase a Honda 2000 Generator shortly so that will be the same between the two units.

I have a Tartan 37 and don't have an extra through hull for the intake, but am getting hauled out within about a month and could have one installed then.

Does anyone have experience with both units and could provide recommendations or thoughts? Both units seem similar in terms of performance.
I have experience with Rainman Ac watermaker 230V run by Honda 210i genset. Once started I can kick the genset down to economy mode. Also when I am not using the rainman I can use the genset for my Victron energy charger 120AMp and Inverter. Back up service from the Sydney factory or agents is very good. Parts are common parts so your not stuck going back to Rainman for parts. The HP Pump is a USA brand and that info is not covered up as other watermaker companies do.
lizardofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 18:35   #33

Boat: 1969 Roamer ChrisCraft, Riveria, 46'

I have the CruiseRO unit and it is earning its keep. When installing, I had a few questions that were quickly answered by Rich. Great customer service.

Best of all, no proprietary parts.
neptunesjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 21:34   #34
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 35

You can usually check out the CruiseRo and Rainman water makers at many of the boat shows. Always nice to be able to look at the equipment and ask questions with a live person present to help out.

Rich Boren owns CruiseRo and they still manufacture their water maker in California. Rich’s La Paz Cruisers Supply is located in Marina Palmira in La Paz. This will make it easy to acquire parts or have Rich visit your boat if you need help. Their marine chandlery stocks all kinds of equipment and parts besides water makers. If the item is not in La Paz, an importer brings the equipment down to the store.

Heard good things about both brands from customers.
Cruise RO Water & Power: Watermakers for Boats & Yachts
Rainman Desalination
Fi2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:00   #35

Boat: 1965 Hatteras 50MY

There are not many people or products that you can unequivocally recommend in the boating world. Rich and Cruise RO are the exception. He has been awesome and is very helpful when doing your own install. We bought until 5 years ago and I called last month to ask a question and he as always answered the phone and was happy to help. We have had ZERO problems with our Cruise RO. It work great with the Honda generator or our onboard diesel genny.
QuincyScuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:41   #36

Boat: Catalina 470

34 replies, all favourable for both companies, good on them.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 17:54   #37

Boat: Privilege 482

We have had a CruiseRO for the past 6 years and it has worked very well for us. The best aspect of CruiseRO is the amazingly prompt response by the owner, Rich, to any email we've ever sent to him. Don't know anything about the Rainman system, but would recommend the CruiseRO without hesitation...

Tags
cruise, cruiser