Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-12-2014, 17:07   #1

Boat: Lagoon 40
cruisair shr5-16 troubleshooting

I noticed that my HVAC system stopped heating or cooling, but the controller does not indicated any fault code. On further investigation I could hear a buzz followed by a popping noise from the top of the compressor when it tried to cut in. I believe this is the thermal overload operating. I have checked the thermal overload and it seems to be working correctly (i.e., conducts when cool). When the compressor tries to kick in it draws a very high current - hence the thermal overload shuts it off. I suspect the compressor may be the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to confirm this? If it is the compressor, can that be changed without changing the complete HVAC unit?

Thanks
Neil
Ndavies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruisair