Really easy repair. This toilet is so brilliantly simple. I'm impressed.
Only tricky bit was getting the actual new pump shaft back in as it has a little half inserted key in it's keyway and it's difficult to line it all up and get the shaft in.
I wound up gently prying the stuck on sealed diaphragm
unit and trying to align the arm (with the key in it) to the shaft in just the right orientation and gently slide it on. It seemed impossible or by chance but it went in fairly quickly once I got serious about it. And this was on a rocking boat, just before a squall hit us pretty good today.
As advised, I did over tighten any of the bolts. I will see if there are any tiny leaks
I installed 7 new stainless steel
slotted screw bolts into the base, and had to tap (as in a tap and die kit) 4 of the holes and chase out the nearly fused in bronze and grime. The bronze bolts were something close to welded together. And the holes were far too small to cram a new bolt in. I also cross threaded one of them, which is why I insisted we tap out the other ones before they got destroyed.
Otherwise easy peasy stuff.