Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2018, 12:37   #61

Boat: someone elses
Re: Corrugated hose or smooth for bilge pumps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjim View Post
I think the issue with the corrugation is that it produces cavitation and inefficiency. A smooth hose will waste no energy since all the water is moving in the same direction.
Also known as "friction loss". The faster you try to push through, and the longer the hose lay, the more the friction loss increases and less you get from the output nozzle. Theoretically there is a point at when all water flow would stop but I haven't found it yet. Maybe its because the hoses keep exploding before I reach that point.
JMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bilge, bilge pump