WD-40 IS TOXIC !!!
Excerpted from the MSDS:
Originally Posted by SabreKai
Probably because WD-40 is completely non-toxic. You can drink it if you want but it wont hurt you besides making you puke from the taste. It was designed without any toxic components at all...
DANGER! Flammable aerosol. Contents under pressure. Harmful of fatal if swallowed.
If swallowed, may be aspirated and cause lung damage. Avoid eye contact. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep away from heat, sparks and all other sources of ignition.
Symptoms of Overexposure:
Inhalation: High concentrations may cause nasal and respiratory irritation and central nervous system effects such as headache, dizziness and nausea. Intentional abuse may be harmful or fatal.
Skin Contact: Prolonged and/or repeated contact may produce mild irritation and defatting with possible dermatitis.
Eye Contact: Contact may be mildly irritating to eyes. May cause redness and tearing.
Ingestion: This product has low oral toxicity. Swallowing may cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. This product is an aspiration hazard. If swallowed, can enter the lungs and may cause chemical pneumonitis, severe lung damage and death.
Chronic Effects: None expected.
Conditions Aggravated by Exposure: Preexisting eye, skin and respiratory conditions may be aggravated by exposure.