Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2018, 13:48   #1

Boat: na
Send a message via AIM to Sailing1234
Clicking noice from water heater

Hi there,

I have a Raritan 1700 Series Marine Water Heater. I also have a Jabsco Automatic water System Pump. I purchased my boat six months ago and the water heater has worked great.

Recently though, there has been a noise coming from the water heater. A sort of clicking or clunking noise when the hot water faucet is being turned on and off. It almost has the same sound as the water pump. It causes the water stream to come out jerky.

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this? Is there any damage being caused inside the water heater? I was confused because I didn't think there was any pumping mechanism in the water heater itself, only the pump. I attempted to look at regular maintenance and trouble shooting in the manual but couldn't find anything like this problem. I also inspected the water pump and everything seems to be working properly.

Any thoughts or advise would be helpful.

Thanks!
Sailing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water