Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2012, 08:57   #16

Boat: Tayana 37
Re: AirHead, C-Head, Nature's head

FWIW, I know a liveaboard here in Boston who converted his Tayana 37 to AirHead and loves it. When visiting him for the first time, and without realizing he had an AirHead, one of the first things I commented on was how pleasant his boat smelled!

After two cuppa's I used it and it was very comfy...

The week after, I ripped out all my 1.5" hoses, plugged up my holding tank (built into the keel) and yanked the Jabsco head out of my boat. Can't wait to install the AirHead...

Matt
Tailwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 09:37   #17

Boat: IP 38

An AirHead came installed in the aft head of our IP we purchased last Spring. Initially, my wife and I considered replacing it with a standard marine head since it seemed like we were always empyting the urine container. However, with the passage of time we found that the composting head is probably the best option for a boat. We will be keeping it.

There is very little odor ranging to virtually none. We get a bit of odor if it is cloudy and warm for a period of time and the solar vent doesn't run. (no muffin fan installed)

You will empty the urine container often. The solid compost bin will last us at least 3-4 weeks (full time).

The seat is physically tall when the head is mounted on the head-pedistal that is normally molded for a marine head installation.

It will give you more storage without the holding tank and plumbing.

Ron
Spyderron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 09:51   #18

Boat: Cal 2-27

I cut down the pedestal on my boat so the height works now. No reason for it anymore.

C-head works great. I like it over the airhead and natures head because you don't have to lift the poo seat off when emptying. Seems cleaner and more sanitary, but that is just my opinion. Also, there is no physical way you an get urine in the poo container if you don't empty the urine container where the other 2 (airhead and natureshead) can/will overflow into the poo pot. I even found a video on youtube of someone who used one of the 2 in a cabin and let it overflow...messy...at least mine would still stay seperate...also, you dont have to worry. Since I have had mine, I have replaced my urine container several times instead of cleaning it out when it gets really nasty, I just get anotehr one and use it for a month, then repeat. It is the cleanest unit I could have imagined getting.
Old 18-12-2012, 09:53   #19

Boat: Cal 2-27

Also, I have a solar vent hookup and it was easy to install and keeps the interior odor free. Even a fresh smell in the boat! Never stuffy even in the heat of the summer, you dont get hit with the "I just opened my boat smell".
Old 08-02-2014, 13:05   #20

Boat: Hans Christian 38 Telstar #123

We're debating between the C-head and Nature's head. Love the price and smaller footprint of the C-head and the fact that you can empty the poo container without taking the whole thing apart! But . . .

And I know everything gets contained inside the base but are there seals to the urine container that keep it from spilling while under sail? And the poo container?

Also I know Nature's head uses a fan to help dessicate the poo container. Seems like the c-head does not? Previous poster mentioned using a solar vent, is that connected to the c-head or just a regular vent overhead to vent the whole head compartment?
Thanks!
SVAndante9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, cruising, head