I might add that you should wait until after you've gotten a second opinion (or third) on the matter, to make sure that the engine
really is a loss..
Shoot, I was freaking out a few days ago when the techs were essentially telling me that I might as well get a new engine
since the repair costs would be about the same as doing that.
Then I got a second opinion from a guy who has nothing to gain from me buying
a new engine, and the story changed. Shocking.
Be careful to consider the source of your re-powering advise and decision-making. Heck, that goes for any advise really.