Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2010, 08:10   #1

Boat: gulfstar ketch 41 Surya
Retrofit Hydraulic Ram Help Needed

There was a post earlier by somebody that was doing this and got no responses from anyone on the forum. I am in a similar situation and I repeat the call !!!!

I am removing the old hydraulic pump that had a solenoid and fill tank on top of center connection and putting in a robertson RPU80 that has three connections. On center connection I need an expansion tank. I was thinking of just getting a cheap brake fluid expansion tank $20) and connecting this with hose clamps. Why will this not work? The unit I removed was nothing special and not under pressure.

What happens when I switch to manual steering will I be fighting against the hydraulic ram and pump since there is no solenoid disconnect??

Thanks
S/V_Surya is offline   Reply With Quote