Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 07:39   #1

P bracket slightly loose

I own a 1986 Beneteau First 29 lift keel, when I dried it out last week I noticed the P bracket was slightly loose in its fixing socket.
As a short term fix I was wondering wether I should bolt thru inside the hull to stop it dropping out? And wether I could drill a hole inthe cross piece strengthening at the top and squirt in epoxy to secure it?
Steve491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:03   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: P bracket slightly loose

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Steve.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:18   #3

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve491 View Post
I own a 1986 Beneteau First 29 lift keel, when I dried it out last week I noticed the P bracket was slightly loose in its fixing socket.
As a short term fix I was wondering wether I should bolt thru inside the hull to stop it dropping out? And wether I could drill a hole inthe cross piece strengthening at the top and squirt in epoxy to secure it?
I have a Beneteau Tech Notice concerning the repair of the Struts for the First series yachts. You cannot yet send private messages but if you will send your email address to one of the moderators and ask him/her to forward it to me I will send you a copy of the notice that will allow you to make the proper repairs. It's not too difficult but is awkward and a pain in the neck (literally). Alternately go to the Beneteau Forum on Boatowners.com and you may be able to find a copy of the notice for yourself.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
I have a Beneteau Tech Notice concerning the repair of the Struts for the First series yachts. You cannot yet send private messages but if you will send your email address to one of the moderators and ask him/her to forward it to me I will send you a copy of the notice that will allow you to make the proper repairs. It's not too difficult but is awkward and a pain in the neck (literally). Alternately go to the Beneteau Forum on Boatowners.com and you may be able to find a copy of the notice for yourself.
Hi guys,

Just bring this one back as I have literally this weekend dried out also and notice my P Bracket is also loose. Very loose actually.

I'd be keen to here how yous was fixed and if you have that tech notice.

Mine is a sing keel Beneteau First 26.
northcave is offline   Reply With Quote