Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2011, 23:42   #1

Boat: 1972 Silverline Comorro 19'
Merc hp165 Stern Drive Sea Pump Impeller

Greetings!
I have a runabout that has been having overheating issues. I replaced the sea pump impeller, which came in a kit with a new housing, seals, etc. The repair went well, but when I took it out, it was still having overheating issues at 3/4 - full power. When I pulled the old impeller, it was fairly new, but some of the fins were facing the wrong direction and it looked all snafu'd. I'm getting the sinking suspicion that perhaps I put it in with the fins facing the wrong direction. Could this be the problem causing the overheating? I'm new to this, and any advice is appreciated!
dave and kate is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: