Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 30-01-2010, 17:30   #1

Question CDI Perfect Pitch Urethane Propellers

I have a Lagoon 42 ft TPI catamaran which I have repowered with Yanmar 3Ym30 engines. I need to reprop ar my 15x9 Campbell sailor 2 blade props are under propped.

I am interested in the CDI perfect pitch props made of urethane as the flex to a different pitch with different loading conditions.

Does anyone have any experience with these props?

tfsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 16:59   #2

Re: CDI Perfect Pitch Urethane Propellers

i have a 15 X 11 perfect pitch propeller from performance propellers . yanmar 2GM20F diesel. kanzaki 2.62 tranmission. nimble 30 express monohull . works very well. 6.9 kn @ 3600rpm cruises 5.4 kn @ 2250 rpm.
sailsanimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:48   #3

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: CDI Perfect Pitch Urethane Propellers

Not spending much time here any more, but I wanted to report my experience with my Perfect Pitch propeller. I put it on my boat a year ago August when I replaced my engine.

Yesterday I had to move my boat for 3 1/2 hours in a narrow window between fog and storms. The fog lifted early and the storms came late but I couldn't count on that. It was a good test of the prop because the hull and prop had just been cleaned the day before. I have a Hunter '31 (1983) with fin keel. It is a fast boat.

In calm waters with no current, wind or significant waves, at redline the boat moved up to 6.8 knots. At 3000 rpm, the boat moved at a steady 6.0 - 6.1. This dropped off as the weather started to build (wind only) and the water in the mouth of Tampa Bay got choppier, but a lot of my travel was in sheltered waters. It allowed me to get my boat home quickly and efficiently.

I can -- literally -- parallel park that boat at a one-sided dock (of course, again in low winds and no current). I had to do exactly that the other night, and ... she did it. It took more maneuvers than a car would, but nevertheless ... (I got a 2-blade, not a 3-blade).

Perfect Pitch propellers are considerably cheaper than other props. They are not manufactured by CDI -- they are their own company -- but CDI stocks them. The sizing/pitch chart was apparently very accurate, since that prop performs so well.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote

cdi, perfect pitch, urethane, propeller

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: