Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 27-07-2014, 13:45   #16

Re: Which Motor Yacht?

Ok ok .... Keep your knickers on ! It was a tongue in cheek comment
But in the uk they are regarded as the budget boat, there thin layup compared to some other craft is evident and the Op has asked pacifically about this brand I could also say the same of other brands
Just my opinion so feel free to disagree ..... but I wouldn't own one after the smaller (20-30ft) models I have been on.
I have owned Sealine (1986 model) and Fairline (1999) and tested both in F7 in the southern approaches of the English Chanel and found both to be capable hulls ,so I will leave my opinion for the op whether he takes it , is up to him/ her

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Old 27-07-2014, 14:31   #17

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofsmit View Post
Just my opinion so feel free to disagree ..... but I wouldn't own one after the smaller (20-30ft) models I have been on.
Just one comment and that is that there really is no similarity between the smaller models and the larger ones. For the most part they weren't built in the same location and they were built for very different uses.

Old 27-07-2014, 20:39   #18

Boat: BAYLINER 4788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofsmit View Post
Ok ok .... Keep your knickers on ! It was a tongue in cheek comment
But in the uk they are regarded as the budget boat, there thin layup compared to some other craft is evident and the Op has asked pacifically about this brand I could also say the same of other brands
I have owned Sealine (1986 model) and Fairline (1999) and tested both in F7 in the southern approaches of the English Chanel and found both to be capable hulls ,so I will leave my opinion for the op whether he takes it , is up to him/ her

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Just to provide you with some education, there are some cost saving things that Bayliner did with their boats to make them more affordable.

Compare the interior to say a Grand Banks and you'll notice the differences. Compare it to other american made production boats and you'll see little or no difference, except in design styling.

That said, hull layup isn't a place they saved money. At least on the boat models and years I have direct knowledge of.
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 22:00   #19

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54

Garden designs in the PNW are tried and true. Being a DeFever fan and former owner, they are my favorite but there are some outstanding vessels for sale at the moment in BC . Phil
Old 04-08-2014, 18:52   #20

I'd look at a Nordic tug, Commander is another popular west coast boat. I like the Sea Sport Pacfific 3200 Catamaran too. My first choice would be the Nordic 32
Nordic Tug 32+: Sea Trial - Articles - boats.com
It has enough speed, toy storage and economy to be a great gulf island boat

Tags
motor, yacht

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: