Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2013, 05:47   #31

Boat: Nothing large at the moment
Re: Test Drive

Just a suggestion, since you are a newbie, pick up a dictionary of nautical names and terms. Boats do not have windows, houses have windows. Boats have ports, either opening or fixed. It helps to know the proper name, particularly when you are asked to do something!
Tingum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 17:07   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum View Post
Just a suggestion, since you are a newbie, pick up a dictionary of nautical names and terms. Boats do not have windows, houses have windows. Boats have ports, either opening or fixed. It helps to know the proper name, particularly when you are asked to do something!
I realize that there are nautical terms, but sometimes I would rather just say the bathroom or kitchen, rather than the galley or head, not because I don't know, but just because that's what I feel like saying.

I also sometimes call my truck a bus. It's not really a bus, but that's what I feel like calling it at that moment. And sometimes if I can't think of a word, I make one up
Old 28-07-2013, 18:01   #33

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

GG again your getting the cart before the horse! Those windows your talking about are not the thing ya need to cruise the big water you have been wanting to cross! The reason sea boats have a minumum of windows is for them to be better sea boats ! If your going to go to sea, even coast wise, sooner or later your going to get some BAD weather!! And those windows your so in love with will more then likely cause ya some problems ! I know from delierving boats on the west coast that a bunch of windows is something Im not a fan of !! I think your now looking at a type of boat Ive been hopeing you would find ! I know there are many other boats in the same area that have what your looking for ! Good sea boats with long range tankage and equipment !! And plenty of room for you and your family! I hope your search will continue to find you more boats of this type, that may be more to your likeing !