Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 22-04-2013, 18:41   #1

Silverton 361/360 Express Cruser

Hello I been thinking of getting back in to boating and been looking at some cruisers and was wondering if any one had any videos of the silverton 361/360 cruser. I tryed searching but did not fine anything. I did find info on layout,engines,drives etc. but would love to hear what one sounds like at idle and cruising.
thanks,chris

ps. mods if there is a thread already out there please send a link to me and erase mine.(i know it like beating a dead horse when people start the same thread over and over again)

Old 23-04-2013, 06:00   #2

Boat: 42' Sportfish
Re: Silverton 361/360 Express Cruser

There's a Silverton Owners Club on-line, modest annual fee, and it's common for prospective buyers to join in advance so they can ask questions of current owners. Search for silvertonboat or silvertonclub.

The "express" designator means it's not a flybridge boat, so interior space will be less than on a boat with an enclosed deckhouse (saloon, etc.) and sheltered flybridge.

-Chris

Old 23-04-2013, 14:28   #3

Boat: Silverton Motor Yacht

We just purchased a 352 Silverton motor yacht. Its a 2002 and love it. Our past crusier was a Carver. We love the layout and just 2 weeks had it launched in the river and brought her home. The sleeping areas are so comfortable. Silverton uses a good quality mattress and so much storage. We were not going to get into an aft this time around. The engine are well layed out and my husband can even get in there to check everything. Our Carver was terriable and couldn't have anything in the salon when you had the engines doors open...the Silverton you can. This style even has a nice oven..and we used the heat and was warm. There were several Silvertons in our area...not sure where you are at.
Old 23-04-2013, 14:32   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger42c View Post
There's a Silverton Owners Club on-line, modest annual fee, and it's common for prospective buyers to join in advance so they can ask questions of current owners. Search for silvertonboat or silvertonclub.

The "express" designator means it's not a flybridge boat, so interior space will be less than on a boat with an enclosed deckhouse (saloon, etc.) and sheltered flybridge.

-Chris
$25 annual dues to join and every month you get a nice newsletter. Everyone will answer your questions in there...we had a question on locking the door and someone even gave me a diagram of the lock.
Old 23-04-2013, 15:48   #5

thanks for the info, and yes i am more set on a express cruser style boat over the fly bridge. the main reason for wanting a video it to hear the boat. I am looking for a cruiser that has a good lay out, that's not to quiet (ex. sea ray) and has decent accessibility to engines/gen etc. so far the beat sounding boat i have heard is a maxum 3700. I looked as the silverton boat club site and looks rill nice just not sure if I want to pay the fee just yet, but if I/we buy a silverton I will defiantly join.
thanks,Chris

p.s. sorry for the long post.
Old 23-04-2013, 16:00   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcrazzzy View Post
... I am looking for a cruiser that has a good lay out, that's not to too quiet (ex. sea ray) ...
You want a louder boat?

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 16:08   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: '76 Allied Seawind II, 32'
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
You want a louder boat?
Those were my thoughts too.
Old 23-04-2013, 20:13   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
Those were my thoughts too.
Loud...maybe a Baja....those are pretty loud. Houseboats can be pretty noisy, at least the three houseboats in our marina are engine noisy.
Old 23-04-2013, 20:57   #9

Woops i need to restate my previous post (been a long day at work lol) I like a boat that has a nice sound but not being to loud, dont get me worg i like the sound of a baja or any boat with a big block and through hall exhaust(would have to have silent choice of coarse), but the baja is just not practical for what i want to do with it and a house boat is two slow lol. Would love to get a formula 370ss but a little out of my price range. I guess you could say I am a little picky lol.
BTW. I want to thank you all for your info, keep em coming.
thanks,chris
Old 24-04-2013, 16:59   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcrazzzy View Post
Woops i need to restate my previous post (been a long day at work lol) I like a boat that has a nice sound but not being to loud, dont get me worg i like the sound of a baja or any boat with a big block and through hall exhaust(would have to have silent choice of coarse), but the baja is just not practical for what i want to do with it and a house boat is two slow lol. Would love to get a formula 370ss but a little out of my price range. I guess you could say I am a little picky lol.
BTW. I want to thank you all for your info, keep em coming.
thanks,chris
I have done some more searching and found that one of the members( I think he goes by the name Mav) had some videos if his 360 express but when i try ed to click on them i get the video no longer available message so I assume he took them down but the videos sound like exactly what i am looken for.
thanks, Chris
Old 24-01-2014, 21:51   #11

Boat: Baja 340 Motor Yacht 34'

I have what I think you are looking for. It is a performance express cruiser with through hull exhaust that can be relatively quiet with the silent choice but there is still a nice muffled rumble.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-01_10-15-15_HDR.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	74570  
Old 25-01-2014, 04:19   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Sanity.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 08:34   #13

Boat: Baja 340 Motor Yacht 34'

Thank you. Here are some specs in case anyone is wondering. The boat is a 1994 Baja 340 Motor Yacht, LOA is 37', beam is 12', it has twin 475 HP 502's. I spend most of the summer on it as it has all the amenities. I keep it in a slip in Port Huron, MI and it heated storage for the winter. I maintain it with an open credit card, nothing but the best for her!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: