Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2012, 11:18   #1

Recommended 24-27ft Cruiser

Does anyone have a personal favorite or recommended 24-27ft cruiser: for the Pacific NW coast year round, overnighter accommodation, possible enclosed head, seaworthy over luxury, and older (given my limited budget). Also, I would love twin outboards, but I suppose that is more common on a sport fisher...
cymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 12:02   #2
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
Re: Recommended 24-27ft Cruiser

One of the Chris Craft Cavalier Cabin Cruisers might suit you. Head is enclosed, v berth reasonably roomy, small funtional galley and banquette dining area. Nice cockpit. We had a bimini that could screen or glass(depending on the weather or bugs) the cockpit. We loved ours, had it for years, decades actually!

They came with inboards and outboards both, depending on the build.

They made the constellation later with a fiberglass hull, which I would prefer over the marine ply of the 1960's builds. Don't know how similar it is to the Caviliers.

I can not comment on seaworthness as we were delta and bay sailors, but the bay can be challenging and she tackled it like a little champ!

Bear to dock though...

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 12:16   #3

Boat: Beneteau 32.5

I know C-dorys are very popular out that way. They have a very active owner's asssociation. A google search will find you a great deal of information.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 19:04   #4

Boat: S-2 9.2cc

I know there are lots of different answers, but here is mine. We own 2 four winns,a 25' and a 28'. The 25 has a single 350 chevy motor, very capable to do what I ask. It is based on LOTW in Mn. and I know this is not the pacific, it does get quite unfriendly at times. It has more than enough room for the wife and her 1000 lb of needed equipment. Being a mid-cabin, there is ample room for fishing,general entertaining and relaxation. The 28' has more inside room, for the cooler days. It is based on Lake Superior, and I would not have a much smaller boat for this lake. I am told this lake is as bad as most days on any ocean, if so, cannot imagine a smaller boat. It is powered by 2 big block(gas loving) motors. We really like the way four winns equip their products, and price is better by far that some of the other "sport cruisers".Not trying to start any arguments here, but I always look for the bang for the buck. You mentioned the limited budget(as ours is, too) look close at these and some other 10 yr. old fresh water boat. $5,000-$10,000 goes a LONG way if you look hard enough. They are out there. My opinion, you asked
BobnCamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 19:37   #5

Boat: Bayliner Victoria 2750
Send a message via Yahoo to Astral Blue

I realize this is an older post, but I thought I'd chime in. In that length category, I would strongly recommend the Bayliner 2452 (or 245) if you are considering an express cruiser. There are a ton of them in the PNW and are received very well by their owners. As far as value goes, most boats in this category with similar amenities are priced much higher.

There is a very active group of Bayliner 2452 owners in the Bayliner Owners Club that can provide inisght on this boat. While I don't own this model, I seriously considered it when shopping for my boat. I passed on it only because I wanted something slightly larger with a flybridge.
Astral Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 18:05   #6

Boat: Currently boatless

Dana 24?
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 15:39   #7

Boat: Hunter 23.5, AMF Sunbird & 36' Prairie Trawler

My vote is for a Chris Craft Constellation. One of the older fiberglass models with single engine. I had an older '63 mahogany Connie and loved it.

Kevin
Tallswede is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruiser