Originally Posted by Wotname
Hard to disagree with any of this but remember trickyt. has only 12 days and this being his first trip, he may well want to be a little more weather
cautious than normal and thus keep a few days up his sleeve to wait out unexpected weather
Should he go a bit further, I would have to recommend North West Island, excellent anchorage (and good protection from heavy - 30+ kts SE'lies).
Wistari also is extremely well protected with other reefs
upwind in heavy SE winds & from memory it is quite a high reef also.
I agree go straight up to Musgrave outside Frazer if weather good and work way back inside.
Weather will dictate but all discussion helps.