I grew up on Canada's west coast
and spent much of my youth in a sailboat, however I now live in Sydney
and am lucky enough to have my own slip for a 40' on the inner harbor.
Plus I am basically lazy so a sail boat is out of the question.
What i want is a boat for day tripping, in style.
Occasionally in the future may do some over nighters.
What I have looked at are both used
I liked the Riveria the best but it had 800 hours on each motor
cooled), and even though the sales guy said they were well maintained I kind of felt it sounded tired.
Plus the boat was filthy and in disrepair, made me think it wasn't well looked after.
The Mustang I have been told is not as solid in the water
as the Riviera or others.
So I am looking at a Sundancer 32, newer and with much fewer hours on the motors, but salt water
So my questions are;
- should I be waiting for a few months so prices come down
- is it worth buying salt water
cooled and converting to fresh water
- is it worth traveling interstate, are prices better in QSLD or Vic?
- what should be on my checklist before I buy?
- I am going to get TheBoatGuy and a marine mechanic
to check out everything before I buy BTW
- am I right to stay with Riviera and Sea Ray
if I want better quality?
- what else am I missing? and am I crazy to buy a boat (you can stop laughing) and yes I've heard all the boat buying
Thanks to anyone now who provides any advice.