Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2012, 17:41   #1

Need a Boat Mechanic around Key Largo

My wife and I bought a 1989 Carver 32' boat in October. We took delivery at Garden Cove in Key Largo (those people are really, really nice). Unfortunately, a little later the seacock failed and flooded the boat. Seatow pumped the boat out and got it stable. One of the engines turns over but the other does not and there are electrical problems. The boat is too big for Garden Cove so we had it towed over to Pirate hat, where we paid a guy to figure out what was happening so we could decide what to do. He hasn't done anything yet and it has been awhile. Before we took it to Pirate hat, we called around to get a boat mechanic but we received various answers such as that person doesn't do inboards, the other was too busy, etc.. We have called everyone in the phone book, asked for recommendations, tried mobile services in miami but no one seems to want to work on it. We haven't been able to use the boat since we bought it 5 months ago and are at a loss as to what to do. We are considering trying to get rid of it at a huge loss. We had an appraisal done and everything seemed to check out - if we could just get it running we think it could be a good boat (famous last words, right?) Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks, Todd
toddmusic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key largo, mechanic