Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2016, 09:09   #16

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41
Re: Mounting fuel hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jgw View Post
Right about the plywood. For anything non structural exterior grade is fine. Same glue as marine grade. The big box lumber stores have small pieces for sale pretty cheap. For mounting hose I like the rubber lined wire clips. Won't chafe the hose.

Even exterior grade plywood is fine! I've been doing alot of restoration on my 38 year old boat and have come to find that a lot of the teak plywood bulkheads are just 3/4" exterior grade ply ( I can still read the stamp) that had 1/4" teak ply glued over it!
pcmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:43   #17

Boat: Columbia 36
Re: Mounting fuel hose

Exterior can be used for some structural areas like bulkheads that stay flat, especially if you're going to cover it with veneer or something to hide the sometimes poor surface quality. For something that requires bending like laminating a hull, the more consistent layup of marine grade will give a better result. The voids in exterior grade make it not bend well.
capt jgw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel