Just passing on a serendipitous discovery made. I changed filters and suddenly the Floscan started reading much higher than actual, fuel consumption
wise. Consulting the manual, a fairly involved process to rid the system of lurking bubbles was described. It sounded like such a pain, I thought I'd leave it be until I got bored and wanted something to do.
Whilst cruising this weekend, I moved the selector on the dual Racors between the polishing system and the engine fuel filter
to what I thought was BOTH, but was actually OFF. 5 minutes or so later, I could hear the RPMs dropping slightly, then surging a bit. Putting two and two together I realized what I had done and switched the valve to the correct position. Voila, Floscan problem was solved
It appears that you can purge the system of bubbles by shutting off the fuel
, then turning it back on again when you start hearing the engine
starving. Much simpler than the process described in the manual.