Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 23:26   #91

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/bod/4036391461.html -Cliché
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 23:38   #92

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/bod/4041040284.html -Cliché
Old 08-09-2013, 23:39   #93

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bod/3987219024.html -Cliché
Old 08-09-2013, 23:42   #94

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/bod/4041220873.html -Cliché
Old 08-09-2013, 23:45   #95

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/bod/3901213937.html -Cliché
Old 09-09-2013, 11:05   #96

Re: Find My Boat - $5,000 REWARD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post
Thanks for finding all of these. I'm typing from my cell todday as I'm at the airport so I have to condense them all into one response. Definitely not interested in a motoryacht. I'm thinking about one, but only because it is located right here in Boston and has heat already installed and a raised pilothouse. Otherwise, they are being avoided. The trawlers look good, but too small. Let me know if you find any more.

The idlewise broker sent me an e-mail back. I'll try and call him with questions tonight ot tomorrow. Would love to find another similar to that one
Old 09-09-2013, 11:16   #97

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl View Post
Thanks for finding all of these. I'm typing from my cell todday as I'm at the airport so I have to condense them all into one response. Definitely not interested in a motoryacht. I'm thinking about one, but only because it is located right here in Boston and has heat already installed and a raised pilothouse. Otherwise, they are being avoided. The trawlers look good, but too small. Let me know if you find any more.

The idlewise broker sent me an e-mail back. I'll try and call him with questions tonight ot tomorrow. Would love to find another similar to that one

So what is your definition of a raised pilot house, raised pilot house, like the Eagle or explorer model? It seem most of the boat you like are the explorer.

You have declined boats that have the helm separate of the salon but on the same level as the salon? I personal do not see that much of a difference. The reason many long range boats have the helm separate is for running at night so the helm can be keep dark for night vision and the salon/living area brighter. Might want to re think the helm and the reasons for it.

Also with your house sold I would think the location of the boat is going to be a factor.
rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:51   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw58ph View Post
So what is your definition of a raised pilot house, raised pilot house, like the Eagle or explorer model? It seem most of the boat you like are the explorer.

You have declined boats that have the helm separate of the salon but on the same level as the salon? I personal do not see that much of a difference. The reason many long range boats have the helm separate is for running at night so the helm can be keep dark for night vision and the salon/living area brighter. Might want to re think the helm and the reasons for it.

Also with your house sold I would think the location of the boat is going to be a factor.
Your right Phi. I suppose my definition of "raised" is more of an expedition type of raised. I like it because it makes for another great spot for a kid to have a private hang out are. It can also serve as a seperateadditional berth. It also leaves room below for a larger galley or salon area.

The MY in Boston is very tempting because of the location. Especially with my house sold. I guess it will all boil down to price, because I don't want to buy MY and not be able to sell it in a couple years if I choose to get something more seaworthy and economical to run. It seems these days like MYs just sit on the market. I hardly ever see them sell.
Old 09-09-2013, 14:13   #99

GG
The boat you were looking at was certainly a bargain. FWIW, when a vessel (or a car for that matter) is donated to a charitable organization, the new owner charity just wants to dump it a ASAP and convert to cash. I found this out personally when I donated a very nice small rowing/sail boat. The tax deduction was a fraction of what the boat was really worth. I would not consider this price to be even close to what this vessel would go for in a controlled sale.
chrisjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 17:34   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs View Post
GG
The boat you were looking at was certainly a bargain. FWIW, when a vessel (or a car for that matter) is donated to a charitable organization, the new owner charity just wants to dump it a ASAP and convert to cash. I found this out personally when I donated a very nice small rowing/sail boat. The tax deduction was a fraction of what the boat was really worth. I would not consider this price to be even close to what this vessel would go for in a controlled sale.
The boat did have a few problems.

I realize it was a good deal because of that charity situation. I also know what the guy paid for it, and it was a fantastic deal. But, these kind of distress sales, do come around. Maybe not frequently, but they do come. And cash is always king.
Old 09-09-2013, 22:37   #101

Boat: Solar 40ft Cat :)

Here is one, and a bargain at only $300k Cheoy Lee 55. Older boat. Having looked at all the pics, it looks like a winner for you. Not a lux yacht, something kids can spill things on if you know what I mean. And look at that sweet wood stove! That says Boston all over it. BTW, I lived in Amherst, MA for many years.

I personally think you should really considering buying two boats, a smaller trawler (say 40ft), and a (40ft) sailing catamaran. Can use the cat as a day sailer / weekender, and the trawler as the base home/kitchen. Kids can choose where to sleep.

55' Cheoy Lee 1982 Long Range Cruiser / Trawler Boat For Sale
Old 10-09-2013, 00:00   #102

Boat: Hughes 38
This might be a little small- http://wilmington.craigslist.org/boa/4021996214.html
Old 10-09-2013, 00:12   #103

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/boa/3999406984.html
Old 10-09-2013, 00:17   #104

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/boa/3936354443.html
Old 10-09-2013, 13:12   #105

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttman View Post
Attachment 66831

4 cabin twin engines one screw for ultimate distance 390k euro

This boat intrigues me with two engine and one prop. I saw this on a couple of older boats with two smaller HP engines where coupled to a single shaft. There are twin engine and two props that are small hp that equals the HP of one big single. Choy Lee and Defever made several twin engine. If I was going to build a boat, it would have twin small engines and props. Just because a boat has twin engines does not mean it is not a long range and fuel efficient.

A raised pilot house, like the Eagle, can be a separate area to hang out, read, nap, etc. I agree the explore pilot house might/may give additional room below and be another state room. Many of the explore the house is pulled back toward the stern, so does it really give more/extra room? It sounds like you are move toward a comfortable live aboard and away from long range blue water? I still think you should go back and review several of the boats you passed over.

The concern I have when newbies say they want to pay 100%, no financing are: 1) they are going to run out/short of money, cash is king or in your/our case queen. 2) will not have the benefits a bank/finance can offer a buyer which short of level the playing field. Took us 6 years before we paid off the Eagle as unexpected expenses kept popping up.
rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle