Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2019, 10:28   #1

Boat insurance

Hello All,

I had the misfortune to have a partial flooding, covering thrusters/gearboxes/etc, insurance paid out as I was on my berth and asleep as I do not wake up if boat rocks. There was a back siphon though a outlet coupled to the shower sump filling the boat with 18 inches of sea water before I found the water ingress 15 inches when my partner woke me. Claim was £45K now I cannot get boat insurance as they all decline. Is there any insurance companies that cover on third party or comprehensive after such an event. Tried 15 companies and all declined to quote after underwriters advice, re size of claim which went though loss adjusters before settlement

My boat I have owned for 19 years without a claim in Spain and have owned boats for 40 years paying insurance premiums.

I am in the UK and flagged as British(red Ensign) always part 1 register

HELP ANYONE ??????
drcot3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, insurance