Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2008, 11:06   #1

1986 Sunray Mirage

Hello. Does anyone have any info as to the weight of my Sunray Mirage cruiser as far as Dry and Tanks Full. I am looking to purchase a trailer for it but want to make sure I am buying the proper type for the weight of my boat.

Thanks in advance.
indyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 17:24   #2
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyboy View Post
Hello. Does anyone have any info as to the weight of my Sunray Mirage cruiser as far as Dry and Tanks Full. I am looking to purchase a trailer for it but want to make sure I am buying the proper type for the weight of my boat.

Thanks in advance.
Ours is an '87 and the only figure I've seen (can't put my finger on it at this point) was 4600 lbs. (probably dry weight) That'd vary depending on the engine/drive options, of which there were a few. Ours is a VP AQ271A w/290 Duoprop (which apparently is an odd duck). The fuel tank is 55 US gallons so you can figure that weight and ours only has a 5 gal water bladder. I think we end up heavier due to added deep cycle batteries and gear. I'd say probably 5200 lbs fully loaded. For an added safety margin look for a tandem with 7500lb capacity or more if you plan on hauling it longer distances.

Hope that helps.
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 14:34   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottybuoyz View Post
Ours is an '87 and the only figure I've seen (can't put my finger on it at this point) was 4600 lbs. (probably dry weight) That'd vary depending on the engine/drive options, of which there were a few. Ours is a VP AQ271A w/290 Duoprop (which apparently is an odd duck). The fuel tank is 55 US gallons so you can figure that weight and ours only has a 5 gal water bladder. I think we end up heavier due to added deep cycle batteries and gear. I'd say probably 5200 lbs fully loaded. For an added safety margin look for a tandem with 7500lb capacity or more if you plan on hauling it longer distances.

Hope that helps.

Yes this helps out quite a bit. Thanks very much for the reply. I at least have something to go by now when selecting a trailer.

Thanks again.
indyboy is offline   Reply With Quote