Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2010, 07:28   #16

Is it a woman thing? My wife will walk into a sunlit room and turn the lights on. She and our daughters seem to conspire in turning on every single lightbulb in the house.

My other big "beef" is fuel in the car. I should be able to buy cheaper cars because the manufacturer could save money by leaving the petrol gauge out. She knows it is out of fuel when the engine splutters and it stops moving. That's why we are NOT getting a powerboat.
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 01:01   #17
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

1 - I can't remember one time, not a single time, when I have EVER left a copy of my romance novel in his engine room. Nor did I ever leave my hairbrush there. Or even a dirty frying pan. So I'm not sure why it's acceptable for men to leave all their sh1t in my galley. He has a bucket he could use.

2 - It's NOT OK for him to use my galley bucket to clean the bilges. I don't care if he did break his bucket, that's no good reason to ruin mine too.

3 - If (and it doesn't happen often) I borrow his number 18 spanner or a crosshead screwdriver, I always return it before he finds out, much less gets cross about it. So why he thinks it's OK to use my best vegetable knife to cut through nylon rope, and then leave it on deck (uncleaned, so I have to prise nylon off the blade when I do find it) is beyond me.

3 - Fine, if he wants to swim in the sea every day, and use that as an excuse for never washing, he can sleep on the spare berth.

4 - When I was younger (till about 4 years ago, in fact), I used to cut my hair really short before I travelled. I would use his hair clippers (on the longest setting, but it would still be fairly short). He hated it. I am cursed with long hair now, (which the cat enjoys tangling with her claws at night) in order to please him, and I'M the one who has to get rid of the tangles in it. If he has a problem with you using too much water to clean it, then hand him the clippers and ask him to shave your hand. I bet you a dollar he won't do it.

What else? Hm, I'll think about it, and I'm sure I'll be back again. Soon.
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 01:45   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaza Dana View Post
When's the divorce scheduled for?
Old 30-06-2010, 02:12   #19
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
I love it Kate….. You balanced this thread very well...

What I am coming to realize is that while the man’s “recreational” complaints may be of a technical nature and rather incidental….. a woman’s is based upon sheer ignorance and insensitivity on the part of the man.

Shame on all of us male bozos…..
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 02:23   #20

Pelagic - I have to keep my razor and razor blades in my bedside cabinet because if I leave them in the bathroom my wife and daughters use it for their legs and armpits. They have loads of those pink "lady razors" but they keep using mine and after they are done it looks more like a toothbrush than a razor.

They wear my shirts as well. My eldest has even nicked one of my T-shirts for a nightie.

Kate's not the only one with frustrating spouses/etc and you can't divorce the kids.......

Even the d*mn cat likes sleeping on my pillow during the day. I'm allergic to cat fur - makes my eyes water, redden and swell up
Old 30-06-2010, 08:41   #21
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Thank you, Minty's Pilot for the reminder....

5 - Why am I the one who has to always buy the shaving cream, when he's the one who always finishes it?

6 - And why can't he understand that my old red toothbrush is for cleaning my mooncup, and NOT the insides of his regulator?

7 - And why can he never replace the loo roll when he finishes the roll?

And..... erm, let me think.... OK, I think that's about it done now. And he does always fix the engine when it breaks, and the electrics, and the plumbing. And he does do all the heavy lifting, and hoists all the sails, and even fills the water tank for me between races. Plus he gives me money, so I'm not really complaining. We all have to compromise sometimes.
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 08:59   #22
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
What I am coming to realize is that while the man’s “recreational” complaints may be of a technical nature and rather incidental….. a woman’s is based upon sheer ignorance and insensitivity on the part of the man.
I'm not certain I agree with you here. A case in point: we have a large counter separating the galley and the dinette that is wasted space about 99% of the time. Being a pragmatist at heart, I've proposed that we install a medium-sized bench vice on that counter so that my boat projects can be conducted with greater efficiency and thus be less disruptive of life aboard. How's that for sensitive? But she refuses even to discuss the possibilities.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:02   #23

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Kate
I cant imagain why you might mention the mooncup thing but hey ho. Eeeewwwww.

The last paragraph says it all. Its about love, respect and sharing both the good and bad, together, what ever the weather.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:11   #24

Quote:
...my old red toothbrush is for cleaning my mooncup...
Now I'm fascinated. A mooncup? Is it something you need for druid ceremonies? Do a bunch of you meet on a hill crowned with trees in the middle night of spring and dance whilst the earthmothers gather the light of the moon godess into their innermost aura and fill the mooncup with invisible essence of life and spirit? Or is it just an odd shaped mug you drink tea from?

Quote:
7 - And why can he never replace the loo roll when he finishes the roll?
You're getting him confused with my kids again.

Quote:
And..... erm, let me think.... OK, I think that's about it done now. And he does always fix the engine when it breaks, and the electrics, and the plumbing. And he does do all the heavy lifting, and hoists all the sails, and even fills the water tank for me between races. Plus he gives me money, so I'm not really complaining. We all have to compromise sometimes.
Us blokes do have our uses...

Actually, I credit women for the complete developemnt of human civilisation. If it was left to us blokes the human race would still be eating nuts halfway up a tree, but Mr Ug the apeman had Mrs Ug working on his case "... and another thing - have you seen Mr & Mrs Grunt? They have a lovely cave, not one of these drafty trees and they don't get wet when it rains and they have places to put things and Mrs Grunt, she said to me....". Thus Mr Ug had to get off his bum and hollow out a decent cave. Give it a few millennia "... and another thing - have you seen Mr & Mrs Grunt? They have a lovely hut, not one of these drafty caves..." etc.

Behind every man (great or otherwise) is a woman looking for a more comfortable existence. And shops. And foot massages. And tea in bed. And a bigger wardrobe......

Old 30-06-2010, 09:18   #25

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Boat: 50-ft steel Ketch
Send a message via MSN to Astrid Send a message via Yahoo to Astrid
Quote:
Now I'm fascinated. A mooncup? Is it something you need for druid ceremonies? Do a bunch of you meet on a hill crowned with trees in the middle night of spring and dance whilst the earthmothers gather the light of the moon godess into their innermost aura and fill the mooncup with invisible essence of life and spirit? Or is it just an odd shaped mug you drink tea from?
hahaha, not quite. think of a once a month visitation.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:41   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
hahaha, not quite. think of a once a month visitation.

I've just Googled it. Thank god I'm a bloke!
Old 30-06-2010, 09:55   #27

There're Two-cycle Engines, and Four-cycle Engines, and Other Cycles

Quote:
mintyspilot, he say:
Now I'm fascinated. A mooncup? Is it something you need for druid ceremonies? Do a bunch of you meet on a hill crowned with trees in the middle night of spring and dance whilst the earthmothers gather the light of the moon godess into their innermost aura and fill the mooncup with invisible essence of life and spirit?
You're a lot closer than you think…

This is why I always Google first.
Old 30-06-2010, 10:06   #28
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
What are your differences?.....

Vive la difference!
Someone on this boat likes to know expertly just a few simple knots.
One knot tied well is the only knot that application needs.

Someone else on this boat knows many knots not in the knot book and uses them all in every situation. To unlash something the latter has tied, the former must untie 14 granny knots, 27 upside down hitches and a distinguished variety of thumb knots at night in a storm.

If thats not bad enough the multiple knot tie-er is LEFT handed.

Woe is me.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 10:25   #29

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Not a subject I like to mention but, Its a new moon at the moment and several of my girl friends are having a monthly bodilly function

Women are tuned in to moon phases, just like the sea, so its baffling as to why more women dont enjoy sailing.
Old 30-06-2010, 11:26   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
..... Its a new moon at the moment .....Women are tuned in to moon phases,
Umm..... there's no delicate way to put this, but it was full moon only a few days ago. The next new moon is 11th July.