So hubby and I have a plan. We did a boat share last summer on a Catalina
27 and put off buying
our own to get a bit more experience and find the right boat. We have a very old, dear, cat with health
challenges who is defying everyone's expectations (especially our vet!) and keeps puttering along. Hubby and I decided we would wait until she goes, then buy a cheapo boat in the east and sail in the Bahamas
for a year or so.
Except I keep a close eye on yachtworld and craigslist and such and have recently found a unique boat I quite like. It is a good price
but would mostly wipe out the cruising kitty and it is here on the west coast
. We are tempted to just go for it and revise the plan. It would definitely provide more comfortable cruising, better resale, more confidence from a better build but we'd have to stay another year or two to build our savings again. Perhaps even liveaboard
once our cat passes on to accelerate saving but in Van that is a whole lotta challenges itself...
Hubby is resistant but does seem a bit smitten with this boat and is willing to adjust the plan? Wondering what would you guys do?