Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 20:44   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i see you are san diego--where do you keep your boat.......reactionary is goood......bbqs love to swim............mine even said thankyou when it dived overboard....
America's Cup Harbor, Point Loma. Right by H&M Landing, if you know where that is.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 21:32   #47
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
America's Cup Harbor, Point Loma. Right by H&M Landing, if you know where that is.

are you moored also?? or are you in one of the marinas??
i am under bridge......wow how long you been there??
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 14:44   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
are you moored also?? or are you in one of the marinas??
i am under bridge......wow how long you been there??
We're in a marina near the pizza nova. We've had the boat here for... 2 years? Lived on it for 1 1/2 or so. I'd love to get onto one of the moorings in the next year or two. Certainly would save some money.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 15:13   #49

Boat: Looking for a new boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by amytom View Post
Even more fun with an ASROC! Then you also get to watch the GMs resurface the entire deck with non-skid.
Alright Alright with the f-ing navy acronyms. you guys are killing me.
unbusted67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 15:28   #50

Quote:
We're in a marina near the pizza nova. We've had the boat here for... 2 years? Lived on it for 1 1/2 or so. I'd love to get onto one of the moorings in the next year or two. Certainly would save some money.
Sun Harbor, cool. I was thinking of moving there but it's a bit pricey so I'm stuck in the south bay (don't want to talk about it). Also the bread sticks at Pizza Nova are a heart attack in a basket.

Zeehag I think I know the bridge of which you speak. I see your boat while jogging!

Pertaining to the thread, I've thrown sunglasses over 100 times and once, a complete stranger into the Charles River in Boston - tetanus soup!
Old 27-03-2009, 15:57   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67 View Post
Sun Harbor, cool. I was thinking of moving there but it's a bit pricey so I'm stuck in the south bay (don't want to talk about it). Also the bread sticks at Pizza Nova are a heart attack in a basket.

Zeehag I think I know the bridge of which you speak. I see your boat while jogging!

Pertaining to the thread, I've thrown sunglasses over 100 times and once, a complete stranger into the Charles River in Boston - tetanus soup!
yup--the only dwelling for trolls in the dago bay!!! we are "upper crust" bay scum!!!!--lol-- i love it here except i have been here waaaay too long--i also lost my glasses overboard twice here in this mooring......sooo many things--pagers--suicidal ones, cell fones, chargers for the vhf, omg--i cannot remember---but is the really big and interesting stuff that makes for entertainment!!!!
Old 27-03-2009, 23:01   #52

If I ever bought a boat (and I woudn't) with an AC-only fridge in it that would most certainly go overboard. Something about that just gets my goat. Do you have the interwebs on your mooring? How does that work?
Old 27-03-2009, 23:17   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67 View Post
If I ever bought a boat (and I woudn't) with an AC-only fridge in it that would most certainly go overboard. Something about that just gets my goat. Do you have the interwebs on your mooring? How does that work?
i use a sprint dial up modem card for broadband--works usually--certasin situations cause signal disruption.....ac only fridge is a suicidal box........
Old 28-03-2009, 04:14   #54

Boat: Morgan OI 30' Itinerant
A Lobster Pot Full Of Lobster

Great stuff here...once when helping a cousin retrieve some lobster pots, 'after' the close of the Nova Scotia lobster season, we were saving some refugee bugs for collection after dark.[when the mounties couldn't see us] As we approached the pier but were still a quarter mile out, he gave the signal and I pushed the full pot of lobster overboard. But, we forgot to attach the bouy and it just sank into never never land!

J.M.Synge, in The Aran Islands
Boomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 08:27   #55

Quote:

i been there---there is lots of interesting stuff under those boats---long ago someone used to put old batteries under his boat and steal new ones from naybores--not there anymore thank goodness!!!! but there are some chainplates fell under one boat a while back there and some other goodies----
Old 18-05-2009, 21:45   #56

Boat: McGregor venture 15 "IMP"
Lost a very nice pair of binoculars overboard. Not to mention all of the things lost on the boat that could be overboard. I have a feeling that everything will turn up one day when I find the hidden locker that everything is falling into!
Spencer
scook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 22:16   #57

Boat: PETERSON 44
missing several things I didn't throw overboard.
Tape measure, razor knife,Electrical tape, tips for 4 and 1 screwdrivers, AMC pacer. Not sure where these have gone but I suspect given the quality, historic rate of disappearance and the confined size of my boat it is an alien plot.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 04:35   #58

Boat: Shuttlecat 32
Edgartown MA - the starter spring on the outboard when I tested it before putting the bolt back on. Spent the rest of the afternoon diving for it, but it was lost in the muck.
Old 19-05-2009, 06:46   #59

Am I the only one reading this thread who is appauled at using OUR waterways as a dump??

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 08:39   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
Am I the only one reading this thread who is appauled at using OUR waterways as a dump??
you never ever never had anything jump out of your hands while repairing or whatever on board your boat--never ever???? nor had wind blow something over????
if that is the case you havent been on board very much.....lol

appalled is the word you were seeking???