Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2015, 17:12   #151
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Re: Sailing With Cancer

An ex charter beneteau 361 will be that price range, already in the Caribbean and all working, ready to go.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 19:23   #152

Jgoshow1,After a bout with C,knock on wood,so far cancer free here.Makes one reevaluate.

All I can say is time,in any way,shape or,form-with your children,is more valuable than anything we may want to do.They want/need you for however long.

I lost my father very young and if I could sit on a bench with him for one hour.....

Warmest Regards
Arthur Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 21:08   #153
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgoshow1 View Post
Well I was just diagnosed with throat cancer, got 4 good years left. Out of 5 kids my youngest is my only son and at age 12 is all about sailing with dad. I'm in process of getting rid of everything and buying a sailboat. Been on trawlers and speed boats all my life. Time to take up sailing and spend a year between the carribean and Belize with my boy. Am I crazy? I'm on disability and only have about 4000 a month total now that I can live on. Thank God I've sold my boat and will use the cash to purchase a used sail boat. This has been a dream and it eats at me every day!! I really need to take this step and do this before I go. Any finds on a 30+ foot boat that's basically turn key would be appreciated and tips or advice. Hope to be able to complete my dream
Best wishes in making this happen. Maybe Mark J has the best idea? Buy a boat already in the Caribbean? I sailed with i2f to Colombia. We were pretty close. I know that making Hawaii, and later to San Francisco, was a really big deal to him. Unfortunately, that never happened. I can't imagine how he felt in the end. I hope things work out better for you.

Maybe start your own new thread? I've got a few questions for you, but feel this isn't the right place to ask. Mainly, out of respect for John, whose thread this is really about. I'm sure that he would only offer you his encouragement. See the thread - http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...nce-49481.html Truly, one of the finest members that ever posted on Cruisers Forum.

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 19:01   #154

Boat: Camano Troll 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgoshow1 View Post
Well I was just diagnosed with throat cancer,
Terrible news.
Going to the boat is never a bad idea. $4k a month is very doable' it's twice what I've had for the past 3 years and I stay at marinas most of the time. I do happen to know of a turn key boat for sale (34' sail) message me and we can talk.

Tags
sailing