Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 23:01   #256
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutful
Since April, I have shown in another forum how RMAF/RMN (Malaysian military) may have caused MH370 to ditch near Nicober.

But to cover-up the accident, the satellite modem was detached and carried by ship/helicopter/plane back to South China Sea. I showed how that path is actually consistent with Inmarsat ping circles but falls exactly between north and south segments.

Anyway, because the marked location of your chart is so close to my conjecture, I wanted to ask you about the approximate time when you noticed it first and how long you may have followed it. How do I interpret the time shown in your chart?

P.S. I am very active in the DSLreports (aka DSLR) forum where lots of discussion has taken place about MH370. I provided a link in my profile but you have to register to see the posts about MH370.
I have said again and again that I can't remember when, either the date or the time. I am sorry.
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 23:09   #257
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Anyway, because the marked location of your chart is so close to my conjecture, I wanted to ask you about the approximate time when you noticed it first and how long you may have followed it. How do I interpret the time shown in your chart?
This is not my chart. I only drew the green line on it, and the green line is clearly nothing like the projected course that was provided by someone else.

Also, I just picked a random place on that line to draw an arrow to represent my boat at a point on the tack that others have stated this plane would have flown that way according to Inmarsat data. But the scientific data completely opposes what I thought I saw anyway, since I was convinced this object was moving from North to South for the majority of time that I was watching it.

The green line is the APPROX course I saw the plane fly. But bear in mind, I also have no idea how the scale matches up. Or the trajectory. Or the altitude. Or the angles.
Old 05-06-2014, 23:22   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
What about for an hour later?
Still the same: http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/sat/...e.14030719.jpg

You can browse the weather archive here: Index of /sat/gms.sea/2014/03
Yasuhiro is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 23:37   #259
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I think when I first thought it looked like a plane it was when it had moved towards 7 o'clock. This is when I spotted the smoke
I'm tired, and I was looking for clouds directly over the area our boat was. That's not where the clouds would have been. Sorry. I should have been looking further afield.

If we were on the port tack travelling East, as I believe we were, then it could have been the red circled clouds which would have been at 7 o'clock relative to the boat. But I'm not sure I could have seen clouds this far away, and those clouds could have moved further away or closer, I have no idea what the weather patterns were doing.

If, as the Inmarsat points suggest, I am mistaken we were travelling North on the starboard tack at that time, then it could have been the purple circled clouds, which would have had a relative position of 7 o'clock to the boat.

I have no idea how far it is possible to see clouds. Could either of these options be viable?
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2014, 23:43   #260

Quote:
I have said again and again that I can't remember when, either the date or the time. I am sorry.
If you want my advice put out to sea now and find a quiet place to stay for a month or two.

Be prepared to be misquoted and quoted out of context.
DaveLister is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 23:57   #261
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Looking at an hour later, the clouds are very sketchy indeed, but would be again at the right relative position from the boat on either tack. I can see some when I enlarge the image, but of course then it becomes pixellated. Are there any weather images with better resolution, for both times?

Everybody is telling me to get some sleep. But please, if you can find higher resolution images that would be good, and I'll take a look.
Name:   clouds 2.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  5.7 KB
Old 06-06-2014, 00:18   #262

Quote:
Looking at an hourAttachment 82574
Not quite, this image is one day later.

Note that the times are GMT. So 2am MYT on the 8th of March corresponds to 18:00pm on the 7th March GMT.
Old 06-06-2014, 00:23   #263

Quote:
I have no idea how far it is possible to see clouds. Could either of these options be viable?
For tall thunderstorms, they can seen for 100s of Kms away.

E.g. the distance-to-horizon for a 10Km tall thunderstorm is 357Km.

However, such distant clouds would be close to the horizon.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:05   #264
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I have been advised by several people who matter to stop trying to over analyse and remember everything, and go and relax. Besides, I have barely slept in four days... I need a break.

When we arrived in Phuket, we heard the plane was missing and was heading off towards Vietnam, and hence there was no reason what so ever to suspect what I saw was related, and hence no reason to report it at the time. Hind insight is such a wonderful thing!

I have asked the mods to keep the thread open, so that interested parties can ask their questions, and when I am back from a week of no internet and no obsessive googling then I can perhaps start answering questions afresh.

I have read aloud one post from this thread to a lady from CNN. I really would be grateful if no more journalists approach me. I still maintain that I will not say anything anywhere other than here.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:44   #265

Quote:
I have been advised by several people who matter to stop trying to over analyse and remember everything, and go and relax. Besides, I have barely slept in four days... I need a break.

When we arrived in Phuket, we heard the plane was missing and was heading off towards Vietnam, and hence there was no reason what so ever to suspect what I saw was related, and hence no reason to report it at the time. Hind insight is such a wonderful thing!

I have asked the mods to keep the thread open, so that interested parties can ask their questions, and when I am back from a week of no internet and no obsessive googling then I can perhaps start answering questions afresh.

I have read aloud one post from this thread to a lady from CNN. I really would be grateful if no more journalists approach me. I still maintain that I will not say anything anywhere other than here.
Good idea to take a break and get back to your life which was "already in progress". Though it might have been a bit a tactical error to talk to CNN. Which has become a bit of a joke here in the US due to it's low ratings (and desperate for sensational news about the flight) but, you would not know that. By talking to even one reporter you may have encouraged others to try and break you down to do the same. Like giving candy to a kid in an impoverished village if others see you doing it there might soon be a swarm around you. I would even suspect the female CNN reporter. She has very little power and say once the producers and editors in New York or Atlanta get hold of any video. Better you control the information and your recall here on CF as you see fit and when you are up to responding.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:23   #266
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
Good idea to take a break and get back to your life which was "already in progress". Though it might have been a bit a tactical error to talk to CNN. Which has become a bit of a joke here in the US due to it's low ratings (and desperate for sensational news about the flight) but, you would not know that. By talking to even one reporter you may have encouraged others to try and break you down to do the same. Like giving candy to a kid in an impoverished village if others see you doing it there might soon be a swarm around you. I would even suspect the female CNN reporter. She has very little power and say once the producers and editors in New York or Atlanta get hold of any video. Better you control the information and your recall here on CF as you see fit and when you are up to responding.
Saucy, if I may be so bold to offer advice, listen to mbianka...
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 05:05   #267

Boat: Hunter Channel 323

Quote:
Is it possible that this could have occurred a little later than currently thought, ie after 1915 UST+0? Just let me know if this is feasible or not.
I case you're still reading:

Yes, the 20:41 'ping ring' passes close your general area, so doesn't exclude this.

(After it it was lost to radar at 18:22, the exact track of the plane is unknown, other than it was at a certain (accurately calculated) distance from the satellite at 7 points in time. Various considerations made the investigators conclude that it turned and flew South, however - http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/5205507..._FactSheet.pdf )

Hopefully you can find peace of mind, and manage to relax.

No reply required.
mister_g is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 06:19   #268

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
...CNN...has become a bit of a joke here in the US due to it's low ratings (and desperate for sensational news about the flight)
You're right: I'm surprised there hasn't been a "did Aliens take MH370?" section yet!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:27   #269

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasuhiro View Post
For tall thunderstorms, they can seen for 100s of Kms away.

E.g. the distance-to-horizon for a 10Km tall thunderstorm is 357Km.

However, such distant clouds would be close to the horizon.
Figures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Angular altitude of clouds.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	82603  
sailorF54 is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 07:23   #270

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Saucy, hopefully you don't read this until after you have come back to the thread. However, IMO, you have begun to analyze and have become desperate to provide proof, perhaps to yourself, that what you saw was MH370. It is not your job to analyze this situation, only to report what you saw. You don't have the wherewithal to analyze the situation. It isn't your obligation to provide news services with a story. Saucy, don't try to fit your observations in to any other story. You have told what you saw. That is all you need to do. Now get some rest and try to know that you have done all you can do. Time to let it go, as much as you can, and remove yourself from the situation. Accept that you have done what you can do and move on.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply
Closed Thread