Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 12:02   #166

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillylad View Post
The comments on the article were mind numbing, but shows the new readership of cretins.
Cretins, idiots... Problem is to find a proper word to describe this bunch, anything coming on mind is just so not adequate...
DoubleWhisky is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 12:23   #167

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillylad View Post
I read the article in the Mail. Sheesh, I remember many years ago when that paper used to have news and a half decent crossword. Now it reads like one of those conspiracy nutter sites. The comments on the article were mind numbing, but shows the new readership of cretins.
Saucy has put forward a clear, as best she can recollection of what she saw and what she remembered in the hope it might be of some use. No other information from anywhere else seems to have done much good so good for her. She doesn't need that garbage I've been reading for trying to do the right thing.
I read the highly informed and intelligent comments section too. Which lead me to want to ask Saucy a question: why didn't she take a photo with her VHF?
Old 03-06-2014, 12:27   #168
mrm

Boat: crew on Bavaria 38 Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWhisky View Post
Cretins, idiots... Problem is to find a proper word to describe this bunch, anything coming on mind is just so not adequate...
Maybe a picture will be worth a thousand words? (which cannot be spoken without violating CF rules anyway)

UserFriendly Strip Comments
mrm is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 12:27   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbug View Post
Hello SS, thanks for submitting this info for everyone to see. I am just someone who travels a lot and was interested in what happened with MH370. Every now and then I look up MH370 on Google news to see what the latest updates are on the search and I came across the article mentioning your posting.

What is very interesting is that somewhere probably not too far from where your boat was a New Zealand oil rig worker filed a report about a sighting of burning plane. I did not see this mentioned in any of the earlier posts (I Skipped the first few pages so excuse me if this was mentioned) so I registered just to confirm that what you saw may indeed have been the missing plane. Have a look at the following articles:

Missing MH370: Oil rig worker thinks he saw plane go down in flames - Nation | The Star Online

Oil rig worker says he saw Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 burst into flames | News.com.au

Oil Rig Worker Thinks He Saw Malaysia Air Flight 370 Go Down in Flames - The Wire

Your sighting corroborates with the sighting of the oil rig worker.
The rig worker was south of Vung Tau in Vietnam, roughly 600km from the last confirmed radar contact at waypoint BITOD. I wouldn't want to say it's impossible the plane carried on past that waypoint and went near the rig but none of the other evidence shown so far supports this. If indeed the plane flew back over Malaysia it would have meant they went hundreds of km toward Vietnam near the rig, then all the way back to Malaysia.
landblubber is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 13:11   #170

Lets say SS saw the plane from somewhere around "Last known location" and the MM saw it from the location of his Oil rig. One thing we know for sure is both witnesses saw a burning plane travelling somewhere indicated by "Chinese satellite image location". If this is the case they really miscalculated the search efforts.
bigbug is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 13:12   #171
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I considered getting my phone, but it would probably have been flat, and besides, it wouldn't even take a decent pic of the party boat lights at night, so it wasn't going to show this. As for the GPS camera, I simply forgot we had one on it, since it was fairly new.

One of the comments on mail online was from the wife of our crew who was sleeping. I didn't wake him up, since he was in the habit of grabbing two hours at a time, so both Marc and I would let him sleep when possible. After the row, I had stopped doing watches, and just went up when I wanted, so the two guys were sleep deprived, whereas I had been sleeping loads whenever I wanted.

We are in the habit of having two on deck during night passages in case something happens, but by this stage it was either Marc or I on deck, but not together, which worked for us then, as the crew would just put his head down for two hours when he felt tired anyway. Since nothing was happening to us I chose not to wake him. Which was a pity, since he was an aviation engineer in a former life, which was a thought which just didn't occur to me at the time. And remember, I thought it looked like a plane on fire, but didn't think it could really be one.

As for the comments about 'second guessing', I don't think I have. I think I have tried to answer questions as best as I recall. I do recall that by this stage of the passage the phosphorescence had eased off a lot - it was by now just a tiny trail which was boring to watch. I do recall that the skies were patchy. I don't recall if there was a moon at the time. That's why I haven't mentioned it before. I do know the clouds weren't bright, so once I thought I caught sight of the black trail I spent a lot of time looking at it to see if I was really seeing it.

I do recall that by this time I had stopped learning new constellations. Instead I was making new ones up in the Southern sky for myself. I had named my favourites the Hammerhead Shark and the Manta Ray. Could I remember where any of them were at the time? No. Sound crazy? I know. Am I proud? No. Do I think I'm a credible eye witness? No. I have stated all along that I am not sure about what I saw. Only what I thought I saw. And people out there are wondering why I didn't report it at the time?

And no, I didn't see any flickering that looked like flames. Just an orange glowing thing that I thought was a plane with orange lights. Did I hear the engine? No. But then again, I was diagnosed as deaf at the lower end of the pentatonic scale about ten years ago, so that means nothing.

My sleep patterns have been all over the place the last few days due to the horror of what I have done or not done. The comments on the daily mail are nothing I haven't been thinking about myself the last few days. Of course people think I am either a nutter or stupid. I think that myself. One thing I know I'm not is a liar.
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 13:38   #172

Location: Dreaming - through the bars to the Chesapeake... Land cabin: near Raleigh, North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm View Post
Maybe a picture will be worth a thousand words? (which cannot be spoken without violating CF rules anyway)

UserFriendly Strip Comments

Comment sections are a barometer for society. I think that's why some sailors sail!

Some of the offending comment section(s) have seemingly been infiltrated by a horde of rabble! Ignore them entirely Saucy!

IMO their spew of instant provocation is disgorged from their windbags without bothering beforehand to look past their noses or involve brainmush in the process. There isn't enough of a viewcount on this thread to indicate much extention of the normal CF readership, so they're not coming here to get the truth. Oh well - it's their loss really.

Meanwhile, it's nice to hang with the genteel crowds of CF!
Old 03-06-2014, 13:48   #173

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWhisky View Post
We should also come up with a new word to describe most of the "journalists" at work these days....the traditional meaning of "journalism" has little to do with their behavior.
belizesailor is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 14:01   #174
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbug View Post

Lets say SS saw the plane from somewhere around "Last known location" and the MM saw it from the location of his Oil rig. One thing we know for sure is both witnesses saw a burning plane travelling somewhere indicated by "Chinese satellite image location". If this is the case they really miscalculated the search efforts.

She was nowhere near the "Last Know Location" text. She was on the OTHER side of Malaysia at the very tippy top of Indonesia. MH370 turned away from Vietnam a long time before.

So that oil rig sighting was not possible.

SS's sighting is very possible, even with the Iridium ping rings as they are shown now.
The other bit that may still be relevant is the Smith Island acoustic readings.

But as I mentioned (seemingly days ago) whats needed is the big computers to filter SS's information.

Until they get the complete log files, and probably the physical computer, they are not looking at it seriously.

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 15:18   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
My sleep patterns have been all over the place the last few days due to the horror of what I have done or not done. The comments on the daily mail are nothing I haven't been thinking about myself the last few days. Of course people think I am either a nutter or stupid. I think that myself. One thing I know I'm not is a liar.
Don't beat yourself up. Just coming forward you are offering data and location information that was not available before. Whether it pans out or not is something for the experts to look at and decide. But your information does give them something new to look at and may lead to other clues that ultimately may lead to finding the plane.
Old 03-06-2014, 15:19   #176

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post

I'm reading but not getting involved other than to agree with those commenting about so called journalists (who are as trustworthy as politicians). Saucy, for your health you are going to need to switch off to all of this and take a break. It will soon, if it hasn't already get to the stage where you can add nothing more to what you have already done which I and clearly others would commend you for. But if you continue to focus on this, as long as forum contributors would want you to, you are going to burn out. And as long as your regularly on this thread, the chances of this happening soon are high.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 15:43   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by landblubber View Post
Someone a few pages back linked this blog: Where is MH370?

They've got a post about a radar contact off Pulau Perek: Where is MH370?: Pulau Perak sighting at 2:40am

Several other planes were nearby. How does this fit with the time of your sighting?
It was me...

Yes it's a fantastic blog that one user at a ''large UK newspaper'' forum created. I'll try to get him look at it.. or you could ask him at his blog?

He's very passionate about his investigation & his fav quote is:

''where are the investigative journalists???''

annalenacrying is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 15:56   #178

The Huffington Post has coverage as well.

MH370: British Woman Katherine Tee 'Saw Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight On Fire'

Many of the comments are ill-informed.
jackdale is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 16:03   #179

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedsherrin View Post
I'm reading but not getting involved other than to agree with those commenting about so called journalists (who are as trustworthy as politicians). Saucy, for your health you are going to need to switch off to all of this and take a break. It will soon, if it hasn't already get to the stage where you can add nothing more to what you have already done which I and clearly others would commend you for. But if you continue to focus on this, as long as forum contributors would want you to, you are going to burn out. And as long as your regularly on this thread, the chances of this happening soon are high.

Saucy, this is probably the best advice at the moment
You have a lot to do on the boat, don't You?
You did Your part brillantly - have a rest
Work on boat is the best rest (for brain and emotions)

Cheers,

Tomasz
DoubleWhisky is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 16:06   #180
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

I do not do facebook or twitter or any of the other sites where the gobby and full of crap cretins do their thing. Having now read some of the comments about Saucy on these so called ''news'' places I think that I am grateful that I do not frequent these places.

My advice, don't read them. It will put you off of humanity as a whole.

Coops.