Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 00:01   #256
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,235
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutful
Since April, I have shown in another forum how RMAF/RMN (Malaysian military) may have caused MH370 to ditch near Nicober.

But to cover-up the accident, the satellite modem was detached and carried by ship/helicopter/plane back to South China Sea. I showed how that path is actually consistent with Inmarsat ping circles but falls exactly between north and south segments.

Anyway, because the marked location of your chart is so close to my conjecture, I wanted to ask you about the approximate time when you noticed it first and how long you may have followed it. How do I interpret the time shown in your chart?

P.S. I am very active in the DSLreports (aka DSLR) forum where lots of discussion has taken place about MH370. I provided a link in my profile but you have to register to see the posts about MH370.
I have said again and again that I can't remember when, either the date or the time. I am sorry.
__________________

__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 00:09   #257
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,235
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Anyway, because the marked location of your chart is so close to my conjecture, I wanted to ask you about the approximate time when you noticed it first and how long you may have followed it. How do I interpret the time shown in your chart?
This is not my chart. I only drew the green line on it, and the green line is clearly nothing like the projected course that was provided by someone else.

Also, I just picked a random place on that line to draw an arrow to represent my boat at a point on the tack that others have stated this plane would have flown that way according to Inmarsat data. But the scientific data completely opposes what I thought I saw anyway, since I was convinced this object was moving from North to South for the majority of time that I was watching it.

The green line is the APPROX course I saw the plane fly. But bear in mind, I also have no idea how the scale matches up. Or the trajectory. Or the altitude. Or the angles.
__________________

__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 00:22   #258
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
What about for an hour later?
Still the same: http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/sat/...e.14030719.jpg

You can browse the weather archive here: Index of /sat/gms.sea/2014/03
__________________
Yasuhiro is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 00:37   #259
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,235
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
I think when I first thought it looked like a plane it was when it had moved towards 7 o'clock. This is when I spotted the smoke
I'm tired, and I was looking for clouds directly over the area our boat was. That's not where the clouds would have been. Sorry. I should have been looking further afield.

If we were on the port tack travelling East, as I believe we were, then it could have been the red circled clouds which would have been at 7 o'clock relative to the boat. But I'm not sure I could have seen clouds this far away, and those clouds could have moved further away or closer, I have no idea what the weather patterns were doing.

If, as the Inmarsat points suggest, I am mistaken we were travelling North on the starboard tack at that time, then it could have been the purple circled clouds, which would have had a relative position of 7 o'clock to the boat.

I have no idea how far it is possible to see clouds. Could either of these options be viable?
Attached Images
 
__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 00:43   #260
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
I have said again and again that I can't remember when, either the date or the time. I am sorry.
If you want my advice put out to sea now and find a quiet place to stay for a month or two.

Be prepared to be misquoted and quoted out of context.
__________________
DaveLister is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 00:57   #261
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,235
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Looking at an hour later, the clouds are very sketchy indeed, but would be again at the right relative position from the boat on either tack. I can see some when I enlarge the image, but of course then it becomes pixellated. Are there any weather images with better resolution, for both times?

Everybody is telling me to get some sleep. But please, if you can find higher resolution images that would be good, and I'll take a look.
Name:   clouds 2.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  5.7 KB
__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 01:18   #262
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
Looking at an hourAttachment 82574
Not quite, this image is one day later.

Note that the times are GMT. So 2am MYT on the 8th of March corresponds to 18:00pm on the 7th March GMT.
__________________
Yasuhiro is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 01:23   #263
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
I have no idea how far it is possible to see clouds. Could either of these options be viable?
For tall thunderstorms, they can seen for 100s of Kms away.

E.g. the distance-to-horizon for a 10Km tall thunderstorm is 357Km.

However, such distant clouds would be close to the horizon.
__________________
Yasuhiro is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 03:05   #264
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,235
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

I have been advised by several people who matter to stop trying to over analyse and remember everything, and go and relax. Besides, I have barely slept in four days... I need a break.

When we arrived in Phuket, we heard the plane was missing and was heading off towards Vietnam, and hence there was no reason what so ever to suspect what I saw was related, and hence no reason to report it at the time. Hind insight is such a wonderful thing!

I have asked the mods to keep the thread open, so that interested parties can ask their questions, and when I am back from a week of no internet and no obsessive googling then I can perhaps start answering questions afresh.

I have read aloud one post from this thread to a lady from CNN. I really would be grateful if no more journalists approach me. I still maintain that I will not say anything anywhere other than here.
__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 04:44   #265
Registered User
 
mbianka's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,125
Images: 1
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
I have been advised by several people who matter to stop trying to over analyse and remember everything, and go and relax. Besides, I have barely slept in four days... I need a break.

When we arrived in Phuket, we heard the plane was missing and was heading off towards Vietnam, and hence there was no reason what so ever to suspect what I saw was related, and hence no reason to report it at the time. Hind insight is such a wonderful thing!

I have asked the mods to keep the thread open, so that interested parties can ask their questions, and when I am back from a week of no internet and no obsessive googling then I can perhaps start answering questions afresh.

I have read aloud one post from this thread to a lady from CNN. I really would be grateful if no more journalists approach me. I still maintain that I will not say anything anywhere other than here.
Good idea to take a break and get back to your life which was "already in progress". Though it might have been a bit a tactical error to talk to CNN. Which has become a bit of a joke here in the US due to it's low ratings (and desperate for sensational news about the flight) but, you would not know that. By talking to even one reporter you may have encouraged others to try and break you down to do the same. Like giving candy to a kid in an impoverished village if others see you doing it there might soon be a swarm around you. I would even suspect the female CNN reporter. She has very little power and say once the producers and editors in New York or Atlanta get hold of any video. Better you control the information and your recall here on CF as you see fit and when you are up to responding.
__________________
Capt. Mike
mbianka is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 05:23   #266
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe
 
Wotname's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South of 43 S, Australia
Boat: Van DeStat Super Dogger 31'
Posts: 7,330
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
Good idea to take a break and get back to your life which was "already in progress". Though it might have been a bit a tactical error to talk to CNN. Which has become a bit of a joke here in the US due to it's low ratings (and desperate for sensational news about the flight) but, you would not know that. By talking to even one reporter you may have encouraged others to try and break you down to do the same. Like giving candy to a kid in an impoverished village if others see you doing it there might soon be a swarm around you. I would even suspect the female CNN reporter. She has very little power and say once the producers and editors in New York or Atlanta get hold of any video. Better you control the information and your recall here on CF as you see fit and when you are up to responding.
Saucy, if I may be so bold to offer advice, listen to mbianka...
__________________
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 06:05   #267
Registered User
 
mister_g's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Boat: Hunter Channel 323
Posts: 4
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
Is it possible that this could have occurred a little later than currently thought, ie after 1915 UST+0? Just let me know if this is feasible or not.
I case you're still reading:

Yes, the 20:41 'ping ring' passes close your general area, so doesn't exclude this.

(After it it was lost to radar at 18:22, the exact track of the plane is unknown, other than it was at a certain (accurately calculated) distance from the satellite at 7 points in time. Various considerations made the investigators conclude that it turned and flew South, however - http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/5205507..._FactSheet.pdf )

Hopefully you can find peace of mind, and manage to relax.

No reply required.
__________________
mister_g is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 07:19   #268
Head in a locker
 
Cavalier's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Boat: Beneteau 461 47'
Posts: 874
Images: 1
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
...CNN...has become a bit of a joke here in the US due to it's low ratings (and desperate for sensational news about the flight)
You're right: I'm surprised there hasn't been a "did Aliens take MH370?" section yet!
__________________
"By day the hot sun fermented us; and we were dizzied by the beating wind. At night we were stained by dew, and shamed into pettiness by the innumerable silences of stars."
Cavalier is online now   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 07:27   #269
Senior Cruiser
 
sailorF54's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perros-Guirec, France
Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36
Posts: 829
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasuhiro View Post
For tall thunderstorms, they can seen for 100s of Kms away.

E.g. the distance-to-horizon for a 10Km tall thunderstorm is 357Km.

However, such distant clouds would be close to the horizon.
Figures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Angular altitude of clouds.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	82603  
__________________
sailorF54 is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 08:23   #270
Senior Cruiser
 
DeepFrz's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Boat: None at this time
Posts: 7,930
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Saucy, hopefully you don't read this until after you have come back to the thread. However, IMO, you have begun to analyze and have become desperate to provide proof, perhaps to yourself, that what you saw was MH370. It is not your job to analyze this situation, only to report what you saw. You don't have the wherewithal to analyze the situation. It isn't your obligation to provide news services with a story. Saucy, don't try to fit your observations in to any other story. You have told what you saw. That is all you need to do. Now get some rest and try to know that you have done all you can do. Time to let it go, as much as you can, and remove yourself from the situation. Accept that you have done what you can do and move on.
__________________

__________________
The Blue Dot Campaign. This Changes Everything.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mh370 sighting... not! unbusted67 Off Topic Forum 0 18-03-2014 22:43
Hole Saw Tips and Tricks GordMay Construction, Maintenance & Refit 11 10-12-2011 14:12



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.