Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 03:49   #196

Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
Did I hear the engine? No. But then again, I was diagnosed as deaf at the lower end of the pentatonic scale about ten years ago, so that means nothing.
How does that work? Are you ok on the classical major, but feel a little buzz at the bottom end of the Lydian? Or is anything north of an arbitrary Bb like a dog whistle?
zimmerboy is offline   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 04:47   #197

I think it was great that Saucy decided to use CF as the only means to tell what she saw and answer questions as she is able. Telling the "journalists" and editors to buzz off with the pleas to contact them directly is the right thing. In this day and age there is no reason to only go through the "gate keepers" of mainstream media and only let them right the narrative. She can and has told her story and if the anyone in the media changes the story it can be pointed out by those who read the truth here.

As Ken Layne said back in 2001 "It’s 2001, and we can Fact Check your as$ And you,...are no longer able to dress your wretched ‘reporting’ in fiction. We have computers. It is not difficult to Find You Out, dig?”

That's a good thing!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:49   #198

Quote:
My sleep patterns have been all over the place the last few days due to the horror of what I have done or not done. The comments on the daily mail are nothing I haven't been thinking about myself the last few days. Of course people think I am either a nutter or stupid. I think that myself. One thing I know I'm not is a liar.
I really wouldn't beat yourself up about the comments you read on the Daily Mail web site. It seems unlikely to me that any sensible or decent human being or proper journalist would think you are being either mad or malicious based on your public statements that I have read so far. Obviously it will be very hard to prove or disprove the possibility that you saw MH370, but that's the nature of these things and not a flaw in your conduct.

If you could remember anything about how close it was to sunrise or sunset, that would be useful in assessing the possibility of sun reflection from below the horizon. But easier said that done I'm sure.
AdamNewsnight is offline   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 06:58   #199

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

Thanks to Saucey for making her report. It may be a very long time till the aircraft is found. Keep in mind that folks are still searching for Amelia.
The description of crossing the Indian Ocean makes me glad I only sail the Salish Sea. I wish her the best regarding the boat repairs. Clearly the vessel has earned the attention. Harking back to an earlier thread. Go teak! Its got the class.
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 07:06   #200
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerboy View Post
How does that work? Are you ok on the classical major, but feel a little buzz at the bottom end of the Lydian? Or is anything north of an arbitrary Bb like a dog whistle?

Not sure really. After a few months of arguing about my 'selective hearing', I went to get it checked. They did a test involving wearing headphones and listening to notes, and hitting a button as soon as I could hear a sound. From that they showed me a graph and interpreted it as meaning I couldn't hear deeper sounds. This went to explain why I could hear a kid being naughty at the back of the class, but couldn't hear my husband when sat next to him on the balcony. That goes for any man with a deeper voice, not just HWMO.
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 07:23   #201
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: I Think I Saw MH370

.... ......, ...... ............ ................ .....?
....... ..... .. ........... ........

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
boatman61 is online now   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 07:24   #202

Quote:
Not sure really. After a few months of arguing about my 'selective hearing', I went to get it checked. They did a test involving wearing headphones and listening to notes, and hitting a button as soon as I could hear a sound. From that they showed me a graph and interpreted it as meaning I couldn't hear deeper sounds. This went to explain why I could hear a kid being naughty at the back of the class, but couldn't hear my husband when sat next to him on the balcony. That goes for any man with a deeper voice, not just HWMO.
Two much rock and roll will do that or maybe air horn use on board.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:32   #203

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

We would make a great couple, my highs are almost gone. Eh? Wat? Who? Oh, eh? (Canajun Eh!)
DeepFrz is offline   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 08:29   #204
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Quote:
I was diagnosed as deaf at the lower end of the pentatonic scale about ten years ago, so that means nothing.
This makes absolutely no sense. Pentatonic is a subset of the diatonic 7 note scale. Being equal tempered, it could be one of 12 in any number of registers.

Perhaps you mean lower end frequency. Pretty rare since deafness usually occurs in the upper spectrum as we age.
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 08:31   #205
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalenacrying View Post
lets see whether this will work

voila.. an international prospective study, comparison of readers community @ two UK newspapers Daily Mail vs. The G...

btw, no The G... article on your story, it might be getting investigated

Why are you using so many icons?

I can hardly read what you are saying?
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 09:05   #206
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Well, it's about time to stop googling this thing now, but if you are posting links to friends who can't be bothered reading the whole first four pages which the initial paper report was based on, this seems to be the best description of how it happened so far:

British woman may have seen MH370 ‘on fire’ while yachting across Indian Ocean | Kicker Daily News

It's almost as though they actually READ what I had to say, and weren't trying to sensationalise it!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:38   #207

Boat: Concept 40 with 3' dive platform extension. Rebuild of boat and life in progress!
GPS files gone to ATSB - attached spreadsheet in UTC

The GPS files have been sent ATSB and to volunteers at Duncan site (thanks whoever put that link in) amongst a few others who have requested it!

To sort the timings - attached is the the excel file with a tab added for UTC from 1800 to 2300 - thanks Rick for telling me how to convert!!! (duh - edit preferences!!!), as was pointed out by Europaflyer the times were in question.

I cannot attach the gps files here but email if you feel you may be able to help put closure to this.

Thanks for all those who have put time in verifying, both, for and against, the possible sighting of MH370 and those of you that have been supportive of Kate.

The issue is in the hands of the investigators now and they have, and no doubt will again speak to Kate directly if they feel the need.

Thanks,
Marc

PS. If you going to go from from Cochin to far East unless you have time like we did the prevailing wind, waves and currents can take you a long way south!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	COK to HKT AazaDana.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	82449

Track 8th March 2014 2am to 6am.xls
Old 04-06-2014, 11:11   #208

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

Just saw this article and first thought of this thread.

Woman Claims She Saw Missing Malaysian Air Flight While Sailing In Indian Ocean
Rhapsody-NS27 is offline   Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18   #209
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Now I absolutely believe what I saw. I have been asked the following questions via my blog, which I feel are pertinent.
Quote:
1. What was the relative distance (in terms of flight level disparity or other physical dimension) between the two other aircraft and the ‘burning’ aircraft that you witnessed?
2. Did the two aircraft appear to be flying in tandem, or were they in two disparate locations on different flight trajectories?
3. Did you hear relatively loud sounds (engine noise) from any of the aircraft?
4. Did you detect the two aircraft making any directional changes while you were watching them, or were they on stable flight trajectories?
5. I know you must be aware of relative motion when witnessing boats on the water and how to discern a bow light from a stern light. I know it may be difficult to recall, but could the two other aircraft ‘appeared’ to have been flying north in relativistic terms when in fact they were traveling/slowing along another trajectory?
  1. I don't know. They were above and beyond the glowing orange plane. I believe that they had already passed the orange plane.
  2. They appeared to be flying in the same direction and the same speed, but at different heights. I thought we were passing under a flight path.
  3. I didn't hear engine noise at all. But I rarely do, since the rushing sound of our boat moving through water tends to drown out any other low pitch sounds. Plus it is likely that we had our engine on, since we were maintaining a stable three knots at that time, as indicated by our stable speed of 3 knots and our relatively high wind angle... We were heading straight towards Phuket, which was only achievable under engine.
  4. No. They maintained direction, as though they were on a regular flight path.
  5. I have already mentioned that I based my estimate that they were flying approximately North on the fact I was wondering whether they were going toBengal. What I didn't mention before is that I also wondered where the hell they were coming from since there was nothing down South...
Old 04-06-2014, 15:09   #210

Boat: Hunter Channel 323

Hello Saucy,

Sailor, rather than aviation expert or journalist here

The ATSB have published a succinct summary of MH370's known positions and predictions:

http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/5205507..._FactSheet.pdf

From that document, the last known position for MH370 was radar contact @18:22GMT (00:22GMT+6 which I think was your time zone?) about 180nm east of your highlighted leg and heading ~~NW as shown roughly in the screen shot below (final position by eye).

The satellite range data at 19:41GMT (01:41GMT+6) put MH370 to the west of your leg (north or south). The range data seems to be very accurate (+/- 10km).

The doppler data implies that the plane would have ultimately headed a long way south, so at some point it will have crossed your track. You were, at least very close!

You did the right thing by reporting your experiences.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mockup.JPG
Views:	482
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	82462  
mister_g is offline   Reply
Closed Thread